Forum Articles/Reviews - Join Our Content Team

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Shannon Apple, Dec 27, 2016.

1. Shannon Apple

Shannon Apple Sour Apple
    Staff Member Administrator

As most people have already noticed, our new article manager was unveiled last week. Link is at the top of the forum. Here: http://www.sakugacity.com/ams/

I posted up a thread initially to see if there was any interest in an article system. We were satisfied that enough people wanted to see it happen, so we went ahead and purchased the add-on. This add-on is an annual subscription, and we are delighted with the outcome. It's worth it.

Our main niche is of course still anime, followed by gaming. However, we will be encouraging you to write on any and all elements of geek culture as we're interested in branching things out a little to appeal to other interests of the membership. If you're interested in becoming a contributor, please reply to this thread, or PM myself , @KT Samurai or @Shi with your application. All we ask is that you are prepared to try to write one piece per month. If we have a number of people doing that, it'll ensure that there is something fresh going up every week.

Content team members will be added to a hidden forum where they can post their topics, help each other out and discuss ideas. This is also an opportunity for budding writers to improve on their work by receiving advice from our editing team. Contributors whose content is successfully published will receive a special user rank. We've yet to work out the system that will apply, but you most definitely will be recognised for your contributions.

We also have some openings for editors, so if you're interested in proof reading and suggesting edits, do let us know. We'd love to have you on board. :)

Novaire likes this.
  2. Kuze

Kuze Review Bot Reloaded 2.0
    Contributor

Sign me up for anime and manga reviews.

Shannon Apple likes this.
  3. WubbaLubbaDubDub

WubbaLubbaDubDub Well-Known Member
    Gold Founder Contributor

This is so cool! I love getting watch this site develop and flourish :) glad I can be a part of it!

As soon as work dies down, I fully intend on giving you guys some solid content!

4. Moe

Moe Sakuga City's Story Developer and Writer

I hate saying this, but I'll do some editing if needed. Also I can contribute with my writing that I'm doing in the Writer's Block.

5. Novaire

Novaire Wrestling Enthusiast, Serial Editor
    Gold Founder Contributor

You can list me as interested in doing some more reviews, though I'm notoriously bad at actually finishing games, which might well make that a bit difficult. Still, writing an article on whatever I happen to be playing through would serve to add some motivation for doing just that. I can find some more games with a similar length to Koudelka at the very least, I'd be happy to contribute.

I'm also available for proof-reading if needed. I haven't done a lot in that area, but I'm happy to give it a go. I don't have a lot on my plate at the moment, so I have plenty of time to put forward for checking out submissions.

I have a somewhat related question, - is it possible to submit a revised article as an update to one that's already been posted? I'd be interested in rewording some of my Koudelka review, whilst maintaining the same key points, to avoid changing the bulk of the content.

6. Shannon Apple

Shannon Apple Sour Apple

@Novaire: Yes, if you'd like to edit it, that is completely fine. There is the option to edit it and post as update.

Novaire likes this.
  7. Novaire

Novaire Wrestling Enthusiast, Serial Editor
    Gold Founder Contributor

@Shannon Apple: Where is that option located? I haven't been able to find it, assuming it's listed on the article itself.

8. Shannon Apple

Shannon Apple Sour Apple

You may not be able to edit it as a member, but if you send me a revised version, I can. When I made the article originally, I posted it, then switched you in as the author.

Novaire likes this.
  9. Shannon Apple

Shannon Apple Sour Apple

We've added the people who have applied so far. :)

@Moe: Thanks for the interest. At this point in time, we are mainly interested in articles and reviews. As it gathers steam, we will most likely feature some fictional pieces by our members. Some sort of member talent section for showing off writing, artwork etc. ^^

We are still taking applications. ^^

10. Moe

Moe Sakuga City's Story Developer and Writer

Call on me when you're ready, sounds good though.

11. Tonto-banchou

Tonto-banchou Greasy Knucklehead
    Contributor

I'd like to apply as a writer too, if it's alright. As long as the content wouldn't be limited to just reviews, then I'm down. I'm not very active on the forum threads, but I can commit to submitting at least one article per month. I'm always looking for opportunities to improve my writing, so I'll also commit to becoming more active when it comes to offering feedback on potential article topics/on published works.

12. Neon Walrus

Neon Walrus New Member
    Gold Founder Contributor

I'm somewhat interested, I'm mostly working on reviews at the moment, and I even posted a Kill La Kill review on the forum; feel free to look it over.

That said, I am working on a few other things such as comparing shows, aspects of anime; one piece I'm putting together is about fan labels/identities and why I reject them, but it's solely from my perspective of course.