Comedy BoJack Horseman

Discussion in 'Western Animation' started by JoJo, Sep 4, 2016.

1. JoJo

JoJo Well-Known Member
    Gold Founder

So...It was a slow Saturday afternoon. I'm being lazy as hell (nothing new there) so I decided to check me some Netflix. And whatdoyaknow...Bojack Horseman's third season is here!
    I watched the first two seasons somewhere last year, and it slowly crept up to me. Season 1 was decent, 2 was like a solid 7 or even a 7.5...but season 3...

Anyways, I'm lying there...on the couch, saying to myself: "Allright Joey-kun, let's just watch a bit of this, like 2 or 3 eps..I mean they only about 20 minutes, so what's the big deal."

Boy, did I lie to myself...I just finished it this morning. And yeah I do talk to myself...but that's besides the point. This season was one hell of a (even emotional) rollercoaster, that put this show right up there with the south parks and family guys.

For those of you who don't know what this is (shame on you!) Here's some info

https://www.google.nl/url?sa=t&sour...TVgw7BpOicMTW879A&sig2=K-jV0E2M9BgnWPxwtVUCiQ

2. Oh Snape

Oh Snape House Bantsratheon
    Staff Advisory

I saw a few episodes and thought it was alright. I've been told to watch all of it before I get what the show is about. I might do that.

I'm expecting it to be like Bobs Burgers, a show I thought was mediocre until I picked up on the underlying sarcasm one episode and thought 'damn, this is actually good.'

JoJo likes this.
  3. JoJo

JoJo Well-Known Member
    Gold Founder

Yeah it's kinda like that in a way. But season 3 is so cleverly done, even some (really) sad and touching moments, and how it handles some important issues (like abortion for example) that puts this show miles a head of Bob's Burger. I mean I was kinda disappointed in the last two seasons of Archer. But this season of my new favorite horse filled the whole that show left me (phrasing!)

If you're planning on watching it, around season 2 (halfway) you'll get really invested into it. And then after that, you'll enjoy the almighty season 3 in all its greatness!

4. XxKINGKAIJUxX

XxKINGKAIJUxX New Member

I just finished Bojack Horsemen a few weeks ago and i absolutely love it. I would even call it a top 3 television series of all time for me along with Over the garden wall and Clannad. What really pushes over your average animated sitcom like family guy is that it gives the status quo the middle finger and characters actually suffer for the mistakes they make. But unlike Peter Griffin, Bojack is a relate-able fleshed out character and we understand why he does the things he does even if we don't agree with them. The first few episodes seem very standard adult cartoon fair but once it gets going then it becomes highly addicting.

JoJo likes this.
  5. Mr. Mister

Mr. Mister The Mangled One

I absolutely love this show. The first season was slow, but I feel that was because it was trying to find it's place and cement itself there. I think it got an inkling of it near the end and when season two started, it started off strong and kept going strong. I have yet to see season three as I do not have Netflix any longer, but I really want to see it.

JoJo likes this.
  6. Harlequinn

Harlequinn Edgy Teenager
    Silver Founder Plus

Haven't finished season 3 yet, but I seriously love this show. But I feel bad about finding a show about a miserable middle aged man spiraling out of control in an existential nightmare funny. Good shit.

JoJo likes this.
  7. JoJo

JoJo Well-Known Member
    Gold Founder

^^please people, for the love of God...

Just watch season 3...it's been 2 weeks or so since I've watched it, and I still think about how it ended from time to time

Watching Netflix and seeing BoJack pop up in the selection doesn't help, but hey...man gotta get his binge one

8. Shadow Fox

Shadow Fox Enemy of the State
    Gold Founder

I have been thinking about checking this show out for a while. I have heard about it from several people in the past before and it looks like my kind of comedy.

JoJo likes this.
  9. Raiden

Raiden Newbie

I've thought about checking this out after seeing it on my Netflix main screen a lot. I saw a certain Youtuber I watch make a positive review on it, so if he likes it, I may too.

JoJo likes this.
  10. JoJo

JoJo Well-Known Member
    Gold Founder

Do it! Invest into season 1 and the beginning of season 2...and after that...you'll fall in fucking love, and they will break you're heart...numerous times. I still think about season 3 regularly.

11. Oh Snape

Oh Snape House Bantsratheon
    Staff Advisory

This WOULD make a cracking 'have on in background show' but as its Netflix I felt compelled to sit and watch it. Meaning I had to force myself past first half of season but then it gets good. Real good. Fantastic introspective look at depression and anxiety with some bona-fida laugh out loud moments. Thank you Mr Peanut Butter (I HAVE to see what else Paul Tomkins is in...Mr Show binge? METHINKSSO!!!). I also love the intro.

Halfway through season 2. Its shit again but heard its worth sticking out as season 3 is where its at.

JoJo likes this.