Drama Kuzu no Honkai (Scum's Wish)

Discussion in 'New In Japan' started by Kuze, Jan 11, 2017 at 4:45 AM.

1. Kuze

Kuze Review Bot Reloaded 2.0
    Contributor

[​IMG]

Lowdown:

(Source: MangaHelpers)

Trailers
    :

Air Date: Check here

Official Site: here

Twitter: here

2. Sora Senpai

Sora Senpai The Ecchi King
    Gold Founder

I'm hoping this is gonna be a beautiful anime. The story is really good, I wanted to read the manga but stopped when I heard the anime was coming out. The animation looks fantastic.

3. Sora Senpai

Sora Senpai The Ecchi King
    Gold Founder

I knew what I was getting into when I started this, but my god my heart was aching and breaking during this episode. It's just so different from any Love story or Drama I have seen. I don't want to say it's a breath of fresh air because it is kind of a disappointing plot, but really it is something fresh.

The opening and Ending were amazing and the animation was fantastic.

J4sm1n4 likes this.
  4. J4sm1n4

J4sm1n4 The Queen of Hell and Heaven
    Contributor

@Sora Senpai I totally agree with you! Honestly i was going into this with low expectations, but damn now I think this anime has potential to be the best this season! Loved the first episode! I'm totally going to read the manga too!

5. Kuze

Contributor

So what really was so good about the first episode, apart from the animation and sound? Just spoil it for me in spoiler tags.

6. JoJo

JoJo Well-Known Member
    Gold Founder

There's a boy and a girl, who are classmates, and they have feelings for an older girl and older boy (the boy is a long time family friend.) But the feelings are not mutual, (yet) and so the younger ones begin a relation with each other, cause it seems the ones they actually in love with, are kinda seeing each other. It get's pretty weird and it gives a lot of incestie vibes...it's creeping me out how the young girl calls the (thank Jesus not blood related) older boy "brother" all the time...And the young couple are now doing stuff with each other, with their eyes closed, thinking about the ones they actually want to do it with...soooo, that's kinda different I guess

It is pretty though...love the big white frames around the scenes, making it look like an anime painting or something. And the humor is so out of place, and really comes out of left field, that it makes me laugh. I guess it's better being laughed at that not laughing at all am I right?

#6 JoJo, Jan 12, 2017 at 10:52 AM
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2017 at 11:35 AM
  7. Kuze

Contributor

Ahem...doesn't sound like my choice of poison.

JoJo likes this.
  8. Shanigami

Shanigami Ghost
    Gold Founder

@Kuze that's what I thought at first, I didn't think I'd like it very much but after watching the first episode I really liked it. You should at least watch the first episode.

Who knows, maybe you'll like it too. And then we can rename it Kuze no Honkai :p

If you end up not liking it that's fine too, everyone has different tastes. And then you can say "Told you so" to me :)

Kuze likes this.
  9. Kuze

Contributor

Well, seems like these two kids are on a hopeless adventure.

What's actually interesting is the outcome but I don't think I'll be sticking with this show. Subliminally acidic stuff. No doubts this mature take on a complicated relationship is gonna make waves this season. I was looking forward to understanding the story from the viewpoint of the "brother" in the following episodes at first but now I feel that it's not much of an incentive enough to stick with the whole show. I guess this genre is not for me.

That netorare tho.

Shanigami likes this.
  10. Shanigami

Shanigami Ghost
    Gold Founder

Oh well, at least you tried it. You forgot to say "Told you so"

Kuze likes this.
  11. Narilka

Narilka Well-Known Member
    Moderator Platinum Founder

Really pretty anime I likes both the ending and op. It's a different kind of anime not your typical love story, I like it so far. I am excited to see where it goes.

As honest as these two MC are with each other they are not honest with their feelings completely. It's going to bite them in the ass in the end. I dont see this ending well for either of them really. It is a pretty unhealthy and maybe even a bit lazy way of dealing with their problems.

12. Shanigami

Shanigami Ghost
    Gold Founder

Yeah, I don't see it ending well @Narilka . It's definitely not healthy but I can understand why they do it. I feel like this is something that happens a lot in the real world, with the only difference being that usually only one person is a replacement, and is unaware of it. Compared to that, what these two are doing seems somewhat healthier since they are both aware of and consenting to it, but it also feels like it would be more soul-crushing that way.

Also, based on the OP/ED it seems like there will be another person who joins the group. Interested to see how that will turn out.