Sakuga City's Winter 2016 anime podcast!!! Sign up now!!

Discussion in 'Events' started by Kerberos, Dec 16, 2016.

1. Kerberos

Kerberos elitist in denial
    Staff Member Moderator

The winter season is almost upon us. And with it a whole slew of (potentially) great new shows for us simple anime folk to enjoy. But what's gonna be great and what's gonna be shit? Well that's for us seasonal anime viewers to find out.

Therefor on Jannuary 15th 2017, at a yet unspecified time I will be hosting the first (and hopefully not last) Sakuga City seasonal anime podcast where those who keep up with seasonal anime can talk about their first impressions of the winter 2016 anime that they have watched.

You really don't need to watch the first episode of every single show airing this winter (I certainly won't) but it does help to have watched the first episodes of at least a couple. Otherwise you might not have much to talk about during the podcast. Also while discussion is fine and even encouraged the idea here is to have a conversation among friends and mostly just have fun. After all we all share the same passion for anime. Tastes may differ but no taste is better or worse than another. After all variety is the spice of life.

So if you keep up with the seasonal anime and want to talk about your first impressions of winter 2016 with your fellow forum member than let me know here. Sign up will close on Jannuary 9th.

Hope to hear lots of you guys soon!

Shannon Apple, Kuze and Fantasy like this.
  2. WubbaLubbaDubDub

WubbaLubbaDubDub Well-Known Member
    Gold Founder Contributor

yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes a thousand times yes.

Let me know if you need any help! I would LOVE to be a part of this! (Count that as totes signing up.)

Kerberos likes this.
  3. Kerberos

Staff Member Moderator

Duly noted. No escaping now mate. You just got drafted!

I also am very happy to report that Pinky is going to be joining us as well. And you know what they say right? Three's a crowd so I guess we're an (angry) mob now.

That being said we can always use more mobst...er members so please join the revolution today!

4. WubbaLubbaDubDub

Gold Founder Contributor

I do not know how much help I can be, as I do not have a lot of experience with this, however I can watch any youtube video and learn!

I look forward to helping htough!

5. Gaff

Gaff Za Warudo
    Silver Founder Plus

I've been involved in podcast type things before, so I would probably be up for it somewhere down the line, but maybe not for this one as there's only two or three shows from the upcoming season I was interested in.

Might also depend on what time of day you want to record, due to timezone differences.

6. Kerberos

Staff Member Moderator

Of course we're going to record at a time that all of us are available. Hence why there's no set time yet. Also the 15th is a sunday so that should hopefully make things easier. I'd love to have you on board but ultimatly it's up to you. Think on it. You have plenty of time still to sign up.

7. Kerberos

Staff Member Moderator

Figuring out the tech stuff shouldn't be that big a deal since KT already did that for us. I'm just counting on you to ramble on about your favourite shows f winter 2017.

8. WubbaLubbaDubDub

Gold Founder Contributor

Bruh literally all I do is ramble.

Kerberos likes this.
  9. Gaff

Gaff Za Warudo
    Silver Founder Plus

Sure, having given it some thought, you can stick my name down for it in the meantime man. I'll make a point of watching some extra stuff for it when the time comes.

10. WubbaLubbaDubDub

Gold Founder Contributor

This would be so much easier if Winter 2017 didn't look like absolute garbage XD

HOWEVER, Kimi No Wa will be hitting theaters soon, and I'm sure I could ramble on for hours about that.

11. Narilka

Narilka Well-Known Member
    Moderator Platinum Founder

Will there be specific shows discussed or will it be everything?

12. Gaff

Gaff Za Warudo
    Silver Founder Plus

I will watch Akiba's Trip for this, but only if someone else promises to suffer along with me.

13. Kuze

Kuze Review Bot Reloaded 2.0
    Contributor

Total suicide.

14. Neon Walrus

Neon Walrus New Member
    Gold Founder Contributor

If you're looking for people to participate I think I can join up since I'm always off on Sundays. Let me know and I'll check out a couple of shows.

15. Sora Senpai

Sora Senpai The Ecchi King
    Gold Founder

Need to set up a time considering it is a few days away. Depending on when I'd be more then willing to participate.

16. DamianWinters

DamianWinters Active Member

This seems pretty interesting but how exactly will it be handled? is it a discord kinda chat where we pick an anime and then take turns discussing it or will it just be us all individually talking about all the anime we liked/disliked?