-

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by wikkid, Mar 1, 2019.

1. wikkid

wikkid Guest

--redacted-- admin please delete my account per request in my email. thank you

#1 wikkid, Mar 1, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2020
    Kuze likes this.
  2. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

Woooh! New member. Welcome aboard and be sure to have a great time in the discussions.

But who is Enya and what's the connection to yoga?

3. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

Oh wow yes. I've actually heard the 2nd song but never went on to search what the song's title is or who the artist is.

4. Griffmeister

Griffmeister What the hell are you staring at?
    Gold Founder

Welcome to the forum, looking forward to some of your views.
    If you like Enya then you may also like some of the songs by the group Iona, Edge of the World is a good song to start with.
    See ya around.

5. Shannon Apple

Shannon Apple Sour Apple
    Staff Member Administrator

Welcome @wikkid. A fellow casual anime fan! Like yourself, I've not really acclimated to "otaku" culture instead perferring to look out for particular types of shows that really pique my interest. Perhaps, being around this community for so long, I remember a time when "otaku" was a dirty word, an insult to anime fans everywhere. Now the younger ones have embraced the word, but I can't do it haha. I think "casual fan" has become the dirty word in anime circles. XD. But that's okay too.

Ooooh Enya is awesome. I've actually not encountered anyone from North America who didn't know who she is (Bwuhahah Kuze :p). I think it was after she did some vocals on The Lord of the Rings soundtrack that gave her a lot more exposure.

Enya's been linked to groups like Clannad and AnĂșna (pronounced Anoona), worth checking out too if you like that style of music. ^^

EDIT: Here is one of Clannad's most well known songs in collaboration with Anuna. The vocalist is Enya's sister Moya Brennan.

6. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

Well, I reckon I'm not to blame. Being from a different side of the globe I have the luxury of being ignorant in these matters. :whistle:

Shannon Apple likes this.
  7. Shannon Apple

Shannon Apple Sour Apple
    Staff Member Administrator

Bwuhahaha! But do you?

8. Narilka

Narilka Destroyer of Worlds
    Staff Member Moderator Platinum Founder

Hi and welcome! I am a bit extra when it comes to skincare too know how you feel. My goal is to always look as flawless as possible without makeup, since I don't wear makeup to work and I always seem to be at work lately, not fun. It is tricky, hormones are no joke, and diet and vitamins play a big part for my skincare regimen as well as my products and lots of sunscreen I use SPF 50 on my face daily. I glow in the dark haha. Oh and anime and manga is fun too, lol.

I grew up with Enya, my favorite is probably Watermark, one if her earlier album's and reminds me of good times when I was younger. Probably showing my age a bit with that one but hey I am still not showing my age as much as @Dunn x Dolo, hahaha.