A4 vet shoutout

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Setzu, Oct 31, 2016.

1. Setzu

Setzu Senior Member

Just wanted to thank the A4 crew from around 05/06 for a fantastic community. You all helped develop who I am. After losing my father last week I went into my old room and found my AX pass from 07, pictures I took with some of you there and at Otakon 05, and several other reminders of days I'd left behind. The flood of memories and nostalgia prompted me to find A4 and post this, but it was gone. At that moment I started bawling. I'd just lost my dad and now I was losing part of my history. It was like finding out my childhood home burned down. I was relieved to find Sakuga City after scouring for remnants of A4, but its still kind of jarring to me that the old site is gone.

So, thank you guys. I wouldn't say I'm "back" or that I'm going to be incredibly active here, but I can certainly promise I'll never forget you all. I wish you all the best with Sakuga City. I have faith in all the mods that ran A4. They are amazing people, and for those of you just arriving, I can promise they care about this community.

2. sanzfei

sanzfei Night Shift
    Platinum Founder

It would be nice if we could get some kind of redirect or placeholder at the old address so out of the loop members can find their way back.

3. Scruffie

Scruffie Pro Tarantula Bro-Fister
    Editor

I'm sorry for your loss.

I wasn't here then, but I hope when things start to return to some form of normality, you'll get to know some of the new people here.

It's not the same as it was, but there is a lot of good in the new community too.

Take care of yourself

4. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

I'm glad you managed to find us Setzu.

The first/second thing that you get when you type A4 anime forums is the Sakuga City Facebook page (since a4 is no more now) so that's a good thing. Hope some of the returning members can put two and two together and find this forum.

5. Shannon Apple

Shannon Apple Sour Apple
    Staff Member Administrator

I left some deliberate breadcrumbs our there to help returning people find their way back. I'm glad that you were able to find us. I'm so sorry to hear about your loss.

Ah A4 meetups. I'm in europe, so never had the opportunity, sadly. I wasnt around myself on A4 until early 2006. I do remember kyuu, hells, will and a bunch of others meeting at one of the ACEN conventions where kyuu faked his death. Lol. We were so mad that he got banned for a couple of days from A4. xD. Not sure if you were around for that. Funny when you look back, not funny at the time.

Thank you for your kind words and please don't be a stranger.

6. TonyTony

TonyTony Active Member

Real Setzu? :eek:oooooooooooooo

7. Shannon Apple

Shannon Apple Sour Apple
    Staff Member Administrator

It would indeed, but unfortunately, we don't own the URL. :(

8. Setzu

Setzu Senior Member

Tony <3

Edit: I found out you are not WIldstar but Paul/Noostradomus, still nice to see ya. ;D

#8 Setzu, Nov 1, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
  9. TonyTony

TonyTony Active Member

hahah yes that is me. Good to see you man :D

10. Lament

Lament era extraƱa

I'm terribly sorry about your loss, Setzu. A4 definitely holds a similar place in my own memory, and I'm happy to see that you were able to find some solace when you discovered this place.

11. ThisGuy

ThisGuy Kin of the Cosmos
    Platinum Founder

Welcome back, the light is always on.

12. Saturna

Saturna Active Member
    Gold Founder

Aw, I'm happy you found your way back! I don't know if you remember me but I was a wee 13 year old when I joined in 05 and always wished I was old enough to have gone to the A4 con meetups.

13. Mr. Mister

Mr. Mister Is Breaking Down

I'm sorry for your loss. Such a tragedy is never easy to get through, but I have faith that you can pull through it.

I vaguely remember you. I go by another name now and the name I used previously I refuse to state publicly. But I was a member of A4 since mid-2004 so I witnessed many changes. But this place is the biggest and best change of them all. Either way, welcome back to the fold.