Adjusting the side-bar length on home page

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Kuze, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Kuze

Kuze 『WANTED』
    Contributor

For people who aren't logged in, the bottom part of the home page looks like this:

[​IMG]

The sidebar and the forums aren't in alignment, thus there is this blank space. However, when you're logged in, the sidebar adjusts accordingly (though sometimes the sidebar stretches down to the red panel containing the "Home", "Contact Us" and other options). Just thought I'd point that out. If the "New Posts" or "Articles" section of the sidebar could be adjusted.

2. Shannon Apple

Shannon Apple Sour Apple
    Staff Member Administrator

It looks like this on my one when logged out, which I suspect depends on screen resolution and the height of the slider at the top:

Screen Shot 2017-12-14 at 20.41.24.png
    The forum index is actually shorter than the side bar when you're logged out. The reason for that is that any special forums that you have access to are no longer there. When you're logged in, the index is longer. There is some parallex scrolling involved with this skin. The forum index moves while the sidebar is static, or vice versa.

Personally, I don't have the knowledge to mess with the code. Even for someone who's super savvy with this stuff, it's actually quite difficult to go and edit something that someone else has created, especially when there are no notes by the creator to explain what each part does.^^

I could remove information from the sidebar to make it shorter, but then, that info kinda helps with activity. In such case it's a toss up on whether it's a big enough problem to go removing something. :)

(Maybe I can edit some of the options for number of articles shown there. I'll check that.)

3. Shannon Apple

Shannon Apple Sour Apple
    Staff Member Administrator

Update: I shortened the number of top articles from 10 to 8. Remember, this is still going to be organic. It's still going to depend on how many lines people put in their profile comments. How long article titles are and so on.

Kuze likes this.