Adventure AJIN 2

Discussion in 'New In Japan' started by Kuze, Oct 3, 2016.

1. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

Bah blasphemy!! I was expecting some new tracks for S2 though. They mostly repackaged S1 OST for this one.

#21 Kuze, Nov 8, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2016
  2. Shanigami

Shanigami Actually a Ghost
    Gold Founder

GAH! This fansubbing is taking so long it makes me almost want to go watch the garbage subs just so I can get my Ajin fix. :mad:

Kuze likes this.
  3. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

The wait improves the experience.:cool:

4. Shanigami

Gold Founder

I couldn't do it Kuze. I was tempted (by someone who shall remain nameless), and gave in and watched the lesser quality subs. It was amazing (except for a few mess ups, and one or two times where I had to pause to figure out what they were trying to say, but that was over 3 episodes so not too bad).

Speaking of bad grammar, check out Ogura's shirt.
    [​IMG]

I felt like it was getting a little stale in these past few episodes when they stopped putting emphasis on the people on the list and were just like "well this guy is dead now, x more to go". I still enjoyed the other parts a lot though. I don't really get what you mean by political machinations though, unless you're talking about previous episodes, because in the last 3 episodes the only thing that really happened was the government saying they won't meet Satou's demands again, and the American stuff (which didn't feel as tense/exciting as it should have, and was just kind of a dull side thing until the end).

Pshh, she's got nothing on Izumi. How can you not love this face?
    [​IMG]
    I will admit she does have one thing over Izumi though,
    Her IBM. It looked way more dense than Kuro-chan, although Izumi had just used him so that might have been part of it, but he usually seems to have a more loosely wrapped/less solid look (Nagai's looks similar in it's arms/legs), while American girl's IBM looked solid as a rock (except for part of it's legs). Idk if how they look has anything to do with how dense they are or if it's just an art choice to make them look different though. Speaking of how it looks though, what's up with it's head? I had to watch that fight scene like 5 times to kind of figure out what kind of shape that was lol.

I don't either. I don't notice a lot of things about the shots and focus like you do, but I really like how with rotoscope they can more easily animate the characters and give them subtle (or not so subtle) movements so that you don't have times where everyone is frozen except for the person whose talking.

Also, that ost is my jam. Yugo is pretty good, but Yoko>Yugo.

Going back to my original theory about Nagai's IBM, it seems I was wrong about it growing up and having it's own personality. It seems Kuze was right about it acting differently according to it's mental state, and I guess is more about Nagai growing up and dealing with his feelings than his IBM. I'd be interesting to see if Nakano has a similar problem once he's able to manifest his own IBM.

Two other things I noticed that I'd like to point out:
    I'm still holding on to my original theory a tiny bit, because in ep 3 when Nagai was able to get his IBM under control, it was talking kind of like it was talking directly to Nagai using the words it's learned instead of just repeating what Nagai is/was feeling. Also, after it started doing what Nagai wanted, he kind of smiled which made it seem like he felt he had won against his IBM, which was followed by the IBM hitting him in the face, making it seem like maybe it does have some kind of intelligence. Maybe I'm actually on to something here.
    I noticed that Satou has been collecting more Ajin to his army, which is going to make it difficult for Tosaki's team when it's time to fight (especially if they can all make IBMs). So my thinking is that if the two teams ever get in a fight with a bunch of ajin, Tosaki's team will be at a disadvantage based on the number of IBMs, so Nakano will probably end up doing his IBM flood, which will be awesome.

Whew, that took a long time to write. Idk how you do this all the time @Kerberos

5. Kerberos

Kerberos genki moe blob
    Staff Member Moderator

Man as the show gets better and better these OPS get more and more crap. The first one was great, the second one was meh and this one is kinda making my ears bleed. I was getting some satisfaction from the idea that this meant they;d also replaced the most misplaced ED in the history of everything (just look up the lyrics, it couldn't be more misplaced) but nope...that thing still stays.

That being said...everything in between was really awesome. Though it did leave me with a few questions:

So Carol killed her own boss. Good for you gurl! But then...what was the point of the whole America arc besides getting more background on Izumi and Tosaki? Mind you this is assuming we'll never see Carol again. If she returns later and becomes sort of like a recurring character than this point is moot since than the America arc will have served as an introduction to her character.

On the other hand I loved
    The final scenes. With nationalism and openly condoned recasim ont he rise the whole "anti-ajin force" is a most interesting new development. Esecially since Japan itself is also dealing with a huge resurgance of nationalism. Ajin has tackled touchy and complicated political topics before but never as blatantly as it's doing now, It'll be interesting to see where they take the story from here.

I think it's safe to say now this is one of my favourite shows of the year and probably one of my favourite shows. There are few series I enjoy as much as I enjoy watching Ajin.

And next ep we'll get more Sato again so...that should be good.

6. Shanigami

Gold Founder

It also seems that there's some friction happening between Satou and his subordinates. Interested to see how that's gonna play out.

Also @Kerberos , your waifu's a bitch. (n)

I agree though, I really enjoy this series, it's what I look forward to most every week.

7. Kerberos

Kerberos genki moe blob
    Staff Member Moderator

8. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

Well, good news peeps. Ajin S2 hits Netflix earlier than expected.

Ajin Anime Season 2 Slated for December 27 on Netflix

Read: here

9. Kerberos

Kerberos genki moe blob
    Staff Member Moderator

THAT'S STILL THREE MONTHS TOO LATE!!! :mad:

Somebody wanna explain to Netflix how seasonal anime works?

10. Kerberos

Kerberos genki moe blob
    Staff Member Moderator

This is one of the few consistently good anime out there. Ever since the first episode there hasn't beena single episode of Ajin that really sucked. Some have been better than other but so far every episode has been realy good. A round of applause please.

Anyway highlights from episode 8:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Kerberos

Kerberos genki moe blob
    Staff Member Moderator

FUCK YEAH!!!

This episode was basically just a non-stop action thrill ride.
    Satou has truly revealed himself to be a complete psychopath with no care for the right of anyone and no political agenda whatsoever. And it seems Kei has planted a little seed in Tanaka's head which I bet s going to pay off in a major way leter down the line.

Only four more episodes...I think it's gonna be a finale to remember.

Highlights of ep9
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

So frustrated by the way I have to watch this show. I think I'll start again from S2 Episode 1 some place else.

13. Kerberos

Kerberos genki moe blob
    Staff Member Moderator

How far into it are You?

14. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

Episode 17 was the last one I saw prolly 2 weeks back. I've forgotten the little details so its best I start over.

15. Kerberos

Kerberos genki moe blob
    Staff Member Moderator

JEEZ! The show is on ep 22 by now!

16. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

Oh lord all mighty, that ending. So beautiful, I cried. They went for an original ending btw. The manga is apparently still on episode 7 where Satou and crew are fighting in the building. Oh man, they even threw in the flood phenomenon at the end. And that cheeky bastard Satou. I don't want to accept that Satou is a lunatic, to be honest. There's certainly an end objective to his game. But what that is isn't clear yet.

17. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

just finished ep 5 of season two. very nice :)

i keep getting gits sac vibes while watching this. thats a very good thing :) I'll definitely be finishing this sooner than later. its hard to keep myself away from reading all these posts :D i dont want to spoil it.

18. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

Sentai Filmworks Licenses Ajin: Demi-Human Anime for Home Video

Sentai Filmworks announced on Tuesday that it has licensed Polygon Pictures' Ajin: Demi-Human anime for home video and video on demand. The company will release the series on Blu-ray Disc and DVD with special content and extras.

Further read/Source: here

19. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

just finished season 2 last night. very good. only one thing let me down:

i was hoping the decapitation of sato would neutralize him. he fid sayyou wouldn't be you when you lost head. so i was hoping he wouldn't be a threat anymore. true closure.

other than that i did enjoy it.

i also watched ep 25 of gits sac s1 after i finished ajin. i enjoyed it. its got the same swat team vibe. :)

20. Shanigami

Gold Founder

@yoda313 about what you were dissatisfied with:
    Have you watched the Ajin OVAs? If so, you'll remember that in Ep 1:
    Nakano got decapitated in his motorcycle accident, and wasn't any different afterwords, except for when Tosaki shows him and he freaks out and does the IBM flood.

Aside from that, the first time he said that to Nagai in S1:
    It didn't really seem like he meant you would be a completely different person if your head was cut off. To me it seemed like something said just to scare him, with Satou saying that if you cut off an Ajin's head then a new head will generate on the body, so technically you're not the same person since "you" is located in the brain in the head that was cut off. But there's nothing to suggest that the regenerated brain would be any different from the original.

A similar argument can be made for teleportation used in sci-fi movies, where in some cases they say that it works by atomically disassembling a person at one spot and reassembling them at another location. Technically (according to some people) the person who is reassembled at the new location is a different person, because although all the correct atoms were assembled in the same pattern as the person who was disassembled, they are not the same exact atoms that the first person was made of, therefore they are a different person who looks, acts, feels, thinks, and remembers the same things as the original.

Anyways, hope that was helpful :)

Kuze likes this.