News Akame ga Kill Manga Ends on December 22

Discussion in 'Manga' started by Kuze, Oct 29, 2016.

1. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

The November issue of Square Enix's Gangan Joker magazine announced on October 22 that Takahiro and Tetsuya Tashiro's Akame ga KILL! manga will end in the January issue on December 22. The 14th compiled volume revealed in August that the manga's 15th volume will be the last. The volume is slated for this winter.

The manga entered its final arc in the 12th volume in 2014.

The dark fantasy action manga centers on Tatsumi, a young warrior who travels to the Imperial capital to join the military, and instead finds a world of corruption, decay, and brutality. Tatsumi encounters Night Raid, an assassin group that supports the efforts of a growing underground revolution, joining their ranks after they reveal the true nature of the Imperial nobility to him. Among Night Raid's number is Akame, a reticent swordswoman who has a past as an imperial assassin.

Further read/Source: here

JoJo likes this.
  2. Chloe

Chloe [adult swim]

Is it good?

JoJo likes this.
  3. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

No idea since I haven't seen it. But its popular.

JoJo likes this.
  4. JoJo

JoJo Well-Known Member
    Gold Founder

I really liked a large chunk of the anime, but since the manga wasn't that far yet, it took a different route after a certain point (Lubocks, I think that's his name, kidnapping.) It's been a while since I've seen it...but I really loved it until it got off the Manga track, and skipped my favorite part. I'm still reading it, but I'm like 8 chapters behind right now...this is a great reason for me to catch up.

A shame really...if they waited till the Manga was finished, and put the anime out like 2017 or 2018, it could've been a masterpiece.

Chloe likes this.
  5. Chloe

Chloe [adult swim]

I just started the Anime.

JoJo likes this.