Alex Hirsch Signs Deal With Netflix

Discussion in 'Western Animation' started by WubbaLubbaDubDub, Nov 14, 2018.

1. WubbaLubbaDubDub

WubbaLubbaDubDub Well-Known Member
    Contributor Gold Founder

https://media.netflix.com/en/press-...erall-deal-with-animation-creator-alex-hirsch

This is a little dated but i didn't see it on here and I just wanted to discuss it with some fellow nerds :)

In a nutshell, all it's really talking about is that Alex Hirsch will exclusive create Adult Animation content for Netflix. He's the guy who brought us Gravity Falls which, if you haven't seen it, you should! It's on par with Adventure Time/Steven Universe by a lot of people's standards (mine included). Netflix tends to give creators a lot of freedom, so hopefully Hirsch will flourish on Netflix!

I know he didn't get along with Disney to well (you can tell by collosal fuck-up that was the release dates and episode delays of Gravity Falls). This didn't work to well with Groening I feel like...disenchanted was just such a letdown. I was really hoping for a Futurama of the fantasy universe with Disenchantment, but we didn't really get that. Maybe season two will be better?

But anyways, I hope we get some serious great animated series from Hirsch. I wonder what happened to make him lose his deal with Fox where he was gonna make exclusive content for them? I remember a few years ago reading that he was working on a show with Fox. I wonder if Disney and Fox merger scared him off?