Sci-Fi Alita: Battle Angel (2019)

Discussion in 'Film & Television' started by Kuze, Dec 9, 2017.

1. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

It's all about the biggest bang fam. Will tor..eh watch it somewhere.

2. Pass_the_M

Pass_the_M Senior Member

yeah no interest in this for me. i didn't even go see movies i actually wanted to see so.....

3. Altair

Altair Newbie

I did not even realize there was a magna. I'm going to have read the magna before I go see the movie.
    I have been looking forward to seeing it in theaters.

4. Shannon Apple

Shannon Apple Sour Apple
    Staff Member Administrator

The eyes are really feckin weird. There was no need for them to literally make her look like a living anime. I might go and see it if there's nothing else in the cinema to watch, but it's not something that I'll go out of my way for.

5. Aeon

Aeon Senior Member

Definitely watching this in the cinema. A movie with effects like this is probably best on the big screen. The eyes bothered me at first, but you get used to that I think. I mean when I watched Escaflowne I thought those huge noses were going to bother me till the end of the series, but I didn't even notice it anymore halfway through the first episode.

6. Aeon

Aeon Senior Member

Went to see this today in Imax. Was really impressed with the visuals and action sequences. And to my suprise it sticks really close to the manga. Of course since it's only 2 hours and a bit some of the character development is hastened and feels a bit weird. We all know how Japanese like to start off slow. Definitely worth watching in the cinema!

7. Aeon

Aeon Senior Member

In case none of you got the memo. Go see it already. We need a sequel. It's frikking awesome.

8. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

K, will download and watch it then.

9. Aeon

Aeon Senior Member

It needs box office numbers. Go see it in the cinema. Imax.

10. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

Not to worry. Even if it doesn't hit top gear in US, it'll do pretty good in Asia, especially China, given the early numbers today.

11. Aeon

Aeon Senior Member

Needs to make 500mil global to safely allow a sequel to happen. We're at 260mil right now.

12. Griffmeister

Griffmeister What the hell are you staring at?
    Gold Founder

Just got back from watching it on the big screen, $5 night rules. Haven’t seen the manga so I had no preconceived notions on what it should be like anyhow. Good action film, pretty good story but that damn ending. They had to set up for another film that we don’t know if it’s going to exist or not.

13. Aeon

Aeon Senior Member

Manga is 9 volumes. Both the anime and movie cover volumes 1 and 2. Anime is about 55 minutes long so it's even shorter than the movie.

14. Griffmeister

Gold Founder

9 volumes? Hmmm, that means a sequel isn’t going to advance the story that much further. Damn.

15. Oh Snape

Oh Snape House Bantsratheon
    Staff Member Moderator

Last Order continues the manga. It's kinda of a redo as author had a nervous breakdown and didn't like the way he ended original.

Not seen it yet, but would've loved this to be Netflixs next cgi anime. Loved the shit out of Gantz-0.

16. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

Nice movie with some juicy action. Would defo be interested in watching the sequel, which as per the rumors is gonna happen but maybe not anytime soon.

17. Griffmeister

Gold Founder

I just wonder if a sequel will be too anticlimactic given as how there are too many things from the first movie that need some clarification/explanation. There is no way to fit even a small portion into another film and highly unlikely that there’ll be a third to carry it along. Well, I guess I can’t expect the movies to fill in the gaps. May have to find the manga somehow and hope that by the end of nine volumes at least some things will be explained.

18. wikkid

wikkid Newbie

My local cinema hasn't even gotten this film yet (1 film screens friday to friday, two times a day.) I may as well wait until it's on a streaming service because usually, we don't get films in our theatre until they're close to the disc release anyway. I'm not expressly gunning to see this one, but it could more or less just be the CGI anime eyes which gave me that instant "T,IHI" reaction. Not the only one who felt that way certainly and it probably doesn't take away from the rest of it.