Comedy Anime Crimes Division - By RocketJump

Discussion in 'Film & Television' started by 4xdblack, Nov 30, 2017.

1. 4xdblack

4xdblack Accomplished Booty-Cop
    Silver Founder Plus

Anyone else seen this gem?

Oh Snape likes this.
  2. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

[​IMG]

The final episode was fun, no doubt. I definitely missed some references, especially the Gundam ones. Also, who gave that evil laugh at the end of the final episode? Another reference I'm not getting prolly.

3. Oh Snape

Oh Snape House Bantsratheon
    Staff Member Moderator

Watching animu is a crime.

KT Samurai likes this.
  4. Kerberos

Kerberos genki moe blob
    Staff Member Moderator

Just watched all three episode and laughed out loud more times than I care to admit. It's definitely something that's geared towards anime fans because if you don't get the references it's just kind of dumb and stupid.

Anyway, here's some I caught (besides the very obvious ones or the ones that were directly called out) feel free to add your own.

Episode 1:
    The hugpillows in the container are Emilia from Re:Zero, Luqua from Miss Kobayashi's Dargon Maid, Megumin and Aqua from Konosuba and CC from Code Geass (don't recognise the other ones)"

Joe is eating Pocky Sticks, a very tasty Japanese treat (that I guess you can get addicted to)

TetsuoKanedaTetsuoKaneda park is a reference to the two lead characters from Akira the fact it repeats is most likely a reference to the fact that the dialogue of the last twenty minutes of the film mainly consists of the two shouting their names at eachother.

Little Police Academia is a very clearly a reference to Little Witch Academia

The female lead's name is a reference to a character from Shirobako who got the mickname "diesel-san" after she did extensive research on diesel locomotives.

The weapons wielded by the two gangs are the scissor blades from Kill la Kill

The fact that the voiceover for the dubbers is not at all synched up to their mouth movements I think is a reference to how with dubs this is often the case. Likewise the part where the Japanese chick starts rattlign of in Japanese and all it says in the subs is "no" in the subs is a reference to how you can often tell when anime characters are saying a lot more than what is noted down in the subs.

Episode 2
    The guy who buys the Eva prop is Tuxedo Mask from Saylor Moon

The girl who calls out the theft of the Super Sayan card is clad like a soul reaper from Bleach, the other girl is Saber from the Fate franchise

The trap card that says "You're Under Arrest" is a reference to the equally named anime while the picture is a reference to the iconic position from the Phoenix Wright - Ace Attorney video game series

The lady with the eye-patch might be a reference to a similar eye-patch wearing girl in the recently aired gambling-themed anime Kakegurui

The villain look a lot like Detective Conan

Joe is drinking Ramune, Japanese lemonade. It's damn tasty and yes those bottles are an absolute pain to open. Even if you;re not drunk. (which is impossible on Ramune since it's not an alcoholic beveradge)

Episode 3

The poster that hides Joe's keypad is either directly from or at least a reference to Bubblegum Crisis

The Gundam Models are from the three Universal Timeline OVA series that were produced after the UC TV-series had ceased production due to the fact that Bandai wnated to focus on alternate universes. The first victim is from Gundam 0080 - War in the Pocket, the second from 0083 Stardust Memory and the last one from The 08th MS Team.

The wanted posters are all for characters from One Piece

The intertitle is a reference to Initial D

The chief's online nickname is a reference to the main character from Hellsing

When Joe says "See you space..." he means to say "See you space cowboy" which is the title screen that each episode of Cowboy Bebop closes out on.

5. 4xdblack

4xdblack Accomplished Booty-Cop
    Silver Founder Plus

"There's only one book on my shelf, and it's death note." has to be one of the best edgy-cop-thriller-drama-anime-parody quotes I've ever heard.

Was the title of the series your first clue?

lol