Comedy Animegataris

Discussion in 'New In Japan' started by Kuze, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

[​IMG]

Lowdown:

The anime centers on Minoa Asagaya, a new high school student in Sakaneko Private High School. Despite being a novice to anime, Minoa's classmate Arisu Kamiigusa invites her to make an "anime research club" at school. Through conversations with her classmate Miko Kouenji, as well as various anime-loving upperclassmen, Minoa gradually gets hooked on anime. While they stand against the student council's continuous efforts to disband their club, and they ignore the impending end of the world, they talk about anime, whether in Akiba, or in real-life "sacred place" anime settings, or the hot springs.

(Source: ANN)

Trailer
    :

First episode of Animegataris premiers today.

Official Site
    : here

Twitter: here

2. Sora Senpai

Sora Senpai The Ecchi King
    Contributor Gold Founder

Animation is really good, the premise was alright until the end....though they did break the fourth wall which I always love.

[​IMG]

Novaire likes this.
  3. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

Really love the op for this show. DJ Neko ftw.

Really fun episode too, I liked how there was an actual intelligent conversation about anime as well. I mean yeah it got heated but what conversation about LN vs Anime doesn't get heated! They nailed the situation down perfectly.

Definitely don't trust this Nakano dude, DJ Neko was drowning when he entered the room...something's Fishy...

I guess the student council president was in the middle when those girls busted in...if so...damn she was cute!

But not as cute as Kouenji!
    [​IMG] MUST PROTECT!

4. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

Dude Kaikai and Minoa! I ship it! I also love Minoa's development and the improving relationship between Arisu and Miko.

Holy lord that speech was so good!

When an anime makes a reference to the 3 episode rule...Legendary!

Underrated show of the season.

5. Grungie

Grungie Established Member
    Contributor

They did say that wearing bunny girl outfits are a requirement to recruit club members.

6. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

Animegataris OP Full「Aikotoba」by GARNiDELiA

7. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

Honestly this is the most underrated anime of the season. Everyone who is an anime fan should watch this because it's really enjoyable.

8. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

Animegataris ED Full「Good Luck Lilac」by GATALIS

9. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

At least Rie Takahashi can still do her funny explosions! in this episode
    [​IMG]
    Megumin is the best!
    i think this anime is even better if you can get their references

10. V0ID

V0ID GET THE HELL OFF MY LAWN, YOU DAMN KIDS!!

I'm still trying to figure out where this show is going to go, and I'm not entirely sure I buy in to the original descriptions cryptic comment about life is normal and no one is aware the world is going to end thing. I suppose if the prophecy is fulfilled that the original series, Animegatari never occurs.

11. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

Beibei returns!!! <3 so hyped.

Damn that was a really good episode. Underrated part was when Nakano was like "Good job my kittens" And all the cats blushed. That part had me rolling.

Megumin showing up was so good too. Kinda figured the magician would resemble Megumin.

So the Dad is an Otaku. My guess is since the mom Choreographed the dance, she was probably some famous Idol that the Dad married. I mean that is somewhat anime logic right? Dedicated fan finally getting a chance to date an Idol. Which brings in Gamon sensei recognizing the dance as well.
    Also I'm pretty sure the dad was in the anime club as well, and all his stuff including the unfinished book that was mentioned is in that room where Neko-sensei came from.

If you're not on this anime get on it now, this show is hilarious. and FILLED with references.

12. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

Story: An anime that basically spoofs on other anime. While it had it's light hearted moments it had it's serious and angry moments as well. Like you know the Student Council is here to make things worse for the anime club, even knowing that as the viewer we should know its coming, but dammit it still pissed me off when they did things. I have to give a lot of credit to the writers for an original script.

Art and Animation: WAO World, holy lord where did this company come from? Please feel free to stay around because this Art and Animation was basically flawless. My goodness I felt like it was a treat for my eyes every time I watched Animegataris.

Sound: The opening was very fun and catchy. DJ Neko Sensei is awesome! The ending was cute and played well with the Idol comparison. The bgm during the show was really well done. With multiple situations I felt like it would be all over the place, but the music was very well done.

Character: While each character fit there description to a T (Rich Girl, Glasses Snob etc) i felt like they really were in a league of their own. Yeah that had generic aspects about them but I felt like they went above and beyond in their character class. basically I liked all of their roles and how they played them.

Enjoyment: This was a really fun anime to watch. Honestly I got more laughs and enjoyment out of this anime then most others.

Overall: I would highly recommend Animegataris if your looking for a spoof anime with a lot of laughs and good moments. While not a Masterpiece I feel like it's definitely Shelf Worthy.

OVERALL 8/10