Any musicans here?

Discussion in 'Music' started by käwäii, Dec 24, 2017.

1. käwäii

käwäii Active Member
    Bronze Founder

Upping this thread.

Does Sakuga have people who play music, have it as a hobby? All sorts of players, from beginners to pros?

My own hobby took yet another turn. A while ago I primarily played drums, and then finally bought a pretty decent acoustic guitar, which I intended buying for many years. So now I've played nothing but that acoustic guitar and really tried pushing myself to get better. I started getting pretty good vibes when I noticed I could play songs that seemed almost impossible before.
    (If you play acoustic guitar, please recommend some nice songs to learn. :coffee:)

2. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

Ive been a amatuer guitar player for a while now. Only took a few real lessons. Rest has been tab books and dvds and youtube. Trouble is I dont play often enough so im not good. Hardest part is switching out of the basic a, am d, c, g, chords to bar chords and moving up and down the neck. But i still play and have fun.

I think youll like this guy:

I also like the u2 guitar tutorial guy whose on youtube. I can do some of it. Ill try to shoot you more links.

This is not the u2 guy im referring to but i like him also:.

THIS is the u2 guy i like a lot,but advanced:

Just keep playing. Im a rock star in my mind :D

3. Alca

Alca Composer
    Bronze Founder

I've been playing piano for around three years now, and guitar for approximately five. I've also branched out into composition though, and I've gotten to the point where I've been commissioned for numerous projects and VN's, which I'm fairly proud about. I've put quite a lot of time into studying composition and music theory lately.

As far as performing goes though, I'm a fairly decent pianist, but I wouldn't call myself exceptional or anything. I mainly cover anime or video game music and I've had moderate success on Youtube, though I still struggle with a lot of classical pieces.

4. Grungie

Grungie Well-Known Member
    Contributor

I've been playing bass and guitar for about 15 years. I like to think I'm pretty good. I wish I was good at straight up shredding, but I don't listen to that kind of music, so it's kind of an unnecessary skill.

You can check out "Drugs Don't Work" by The Verve, "Good Riddance" by Green Day (the one every thinks is called "The Time of Your Live"). Oasis also has some really nice acoustic songs, but "Wonderwall" is the most played song by any douchebag with a guitar, so try and steer away from that one. Their song "Sad Song" is fun, as is "Cast no Shadow" or "Don't Look Back in Anger"

5. Captain Picard

Captain Picard Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.
    Platinum Founder

6. Lurk

Lurk Mirest Ivan

I make industrial/experimental rap. Mixing analog and digital sounds together and all that gnarly shit