General Anyone know Madrid ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Griffmeister, Jun 26, 2018.

1. Griffmeister

Griffmeister What the hell are you staring at?
    Gold Founder

Looking to maybe fit in one more vacation this year. Got some awesome deals on air and hotels to visit Madrid and Barcelona as a package. Been to Barcelona before so will get to see what we didn’t have time for last time. Know nothing about Madrid. Any suggestions?

2. Shannon Apple

Shannon Apple Sour Apple
    Staff Member Administrator

While I've been to other parts of Spain, I haven't been to either city. A friend of mine highly recommended me to go visit the Sagrada Familia in Barcelona. You should if you haven't seen it already. I've only seen pictures. Amazing Gothic architecture and it's kinda like watching a piece of history being made. Some parts of it require advance online booking though, like being able to climb the towers (300 steps). It's been under construction for over 100 years and it's supposed to be finished in the next 10 years or so.

Griffmeister likes this.
  3. Kuze

Kuze 『WANTED』
    Contributor

Hala Madrid!!!

4. Oh Snape

Oh Snape House Bantsratheon
    Staff Advisory

So you want to avoid touristy places and check out the Real Madrid?

Drop Spanglish a PM. Think he was deported from there.

Narilka and Dunn x Dolo like this.
  5. Griffmeister

Griffmeister What the hell are you staring at?
    Gold Founder

Well, I found a couple of interesting things about Madrid today. We were in a small hamburger joint having lunch when somebody comes running in wearing a full face motorcycle helmet ( the kind where only the eyes and nose are visible ). Now back in the states, something like that would make most people scatter and dive for cover. In fact some restaurants even have signs warning against the practice. Here nobody batted an eye, they went to the counter, picked up a to-go order and left. Go figure.

The other thing I found out is that your streaming service depends on where you are. Silly me thought that if your account was registered in one place that your access would always be linked there. Thought that I’d relax before bed and watch one of my shows, logged onto Crunchyroll and found that most of what I was still watching had disappeared. No SteinsGate 0, no AOT along with some older shows I picked up, too. Hopefully they reappear when I get home.

Other than that, it was pretty good, except for traffic and construction. Can’t get away from that no matter where you go. We did do a tapas tour Tuesday night which was fairly enjoyable with some good food and wine. Lots of walking , though. Have to counterbalance all that food, I guess.

Kuze likes this.