Anyone still here? This place looks pretty dead.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by BuddyLee, May 10, 2021.

1. BuddyLee

BuddyLee Active Member

I don't know why I even remembered A4/Sakuga City, but all of a sudden this evening I wondered what everyone was up to.

I joined A4 18 years ago. I remember it because it was my 17th birthday. I spent the following decade or so there, having a couple of lengthy periods of absence, followed by A4 imploding and ending up with no real online discussion board activity.

I have a wife and a kid now. My son recently turned one so the majority of my time goes to him.

I don't know how many people will see this. Probably fewer than a dozen. I just hope everyone is doing well in life and enjoying theirs as much as I am mine.

2. ThisGuy

ThisGuy Kin of the Cosmos
    Platinum Founder

There's no real discussion outside of anime, the political front has deteriorated as much as real life political discussion.

Enjoy life, congrats on your family and all the best.

Live long and prosper.

3. Shannon Apple

Shannon Apple Sour Apple
    Staff Member Administrator

Hi Buddy, it's nice to hear from you. =) Congrats on becoming a dad!

I was sick a couple of years ago and, so didn't give this place much of my time for a considerable amount of time. It has been pretty quiet since then, but there are maybe a dozen or so people hanging around the forum here and there who don't use the chat. There is a Discord server where some of the usual suspects still hang out on a daily basis, so if you have time, pop in. Invite link is up there on the top right of the site if you wish to visit.

4. Jane Shepard

Jane Shepard Cσммαη∂єя
    Gold Founder

Damn, I felt this. Ngl. I just got a new PC after so many years, and thought about A4/Sakuga as of late and decided to come drop by. It's really weird being a rambunctious teen then, coming to now being a full grown adult pushing into 30's! Congrats on being a dad!

(this is Zakuraa/Faerhen btw, when I originally joined here I wanted a change, but now I kinda want my old name again xD)

5. BuddyLee

BuddyLee Active Member

Thanks. Good to hear from you. Political discussion everywhere online is a dumpster fire. I almost miss the Bush vs. Kerry days when the biggest scandal was whether Kerry had had botox or not.

I hope you're feeling better. I may join that Discord as it's the closest thing to a social media platform that I still use.

Oh yeah, I can't even believe it sometimes. It feels like a different life from when I was posting on A4. Even ten years ago when I was in my mid-20s is just a blur.

6. Shannon Apple

Shannon Apple Sour Apple
    Staff Member Administrator

Much better thanks. =)

7. Shadow Fox

Shadow Fox Enemy of the State
    Gold Founder

Holy cow it's buddy lee! I haven't seen you in ages! Hia!

8. Pinky The Blue Flamingo

Pinky The Blue Flamingo Too old for this shit
    Staff Advisory Editor-in-Chief Gold Founder

Hey man good to see you! I check in from time to time but mostly I'm on the discord.
    Glad to hear youre doing well, and congratulations on the family
    (✿^‿^)