Forum Articles/Reviews - Join Our Content Team

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Shannon Apple, Dec 27, 2016.

1. Shannon Apple

Shannon Apple Sour Apple
    Staff Member Administrator

As most people have already noticed, our new article manager (blog) was unveiled last week. The link is at the top of the forum. We think it looks great. :D Check it out for yourselves, here: http://www.sakugacity.com/ams/

We posted up a thread last month, initially to see if people were interested in continuing a content system similar to what we had on A4. We are satisfied that enough people wanted to see it happen, so we went ahead and purchased the add-on. This add-on is an annual subscription, and we are delighted with the outcome. It's is so worth it and looks great. Now we're seeking more writers to help us get regular content up there.

Our main niche is of course still anime, followed by gaming. However, we will be encouraging you to write on any and all elements of geek culture as we're interested in branching things out a little to appeal to other interests of the membership. If you're interested in becoming a contributor, please reply to this thread, or PM @Shannon Apple, @KT Samurai or @Shi with your application. All we ask is that you are prepared to try to write one piece per month. If we have a number of people doing that, it'll ensure that there is something fresh going up every week.

Content team members will be added to a hidden forum where they can post their topics, help each other out and discuss ideas. They will also receive a special "Contributor" rank. This is a great opportunity for budding writers to improve on their work by receiving advice from our editing team. We are dedicated to helping you put the best content out there and all articles posted to the blog will be featured on social media.

We also have some openings for editors, so if you're interested in proof reading and suggesting edits, do let us know. We'd love to have you on board. :)

Novaire likes this.
  2. Kuze

Kuze 『WANTED』
    Contributor

Sign me up for anime and manga reviews.

Shannon Apple likes this.
  3. WubbaLubbaDubDub

WubbaLubbaDubDub Well-Known Member
    Contributor Gold Founder

This is so cool! I love getting watch this site develop and flourish :) glad I can be a part of it!

As soon as work dies down, I fully intend on giving you guys some solid content!

4. Moe

Moe Fed to the Rancor

I hate saying this, but I'll do some editing if needed. Also I can contribute with my writing that I'm doing in the Writer's Block.

5. Novaire

Novaire Serial Editor
    Editor Contributor Gold Founder

You can list me as interested in doing some more reviews, though I'm notoriously bad at actually finishing games, which might well make that a bit difficult. Still, writing an article on whatever I happen to be playing through would serve to add some motivation for doing just that. I can find some more games with a similar length to Koudelka at the very least, I'd be happy to contribute.

I'm also available for proof-reading if needed. I haven't done a lot in that area, but I'm happy to give it a go. I don't have a lot on my plate at the moment, so I have plenty of time to put forward for checking out submissions.

I have a somewhat related question, - is it possible to submit a revised article as an update to one that's already been posted? I'd be interested in rewording some of my Koudelka review, whilst maintaining the same key points, to avoid changing the bulk of the content.

6. Shannon Apple

Shannon Apple Sour Apple

@Novaire: Yes, if you'd like to edit it, that is completely fine. There is the option to edit it and post as update.

Novaire likes this.
  7. Novaire

Novaire Serial Editor
    Editor Contributor Gold Founder

@Shannon Apple: Where is that option located? I haven't been able to find it, assuming it's listed on the article itself.

8. Shannon Apple

Shannon Apple Sour Apple

You may not be able to edit it as a member, but if you send me a revised version, I can. When I made the article originally, I posted it, then switched you in as the author.

Novaire likes this.
  9. Shannon Apple

Shannon Apple Sour Apple

We've added the people who have applied so far. :)

@Moe: Thanks for the interest. At this point in time, we are mainly interested in articles and reviews. As it gathers steam, we will most likely feature some fictional pieces by our members. Some sort of member talent section for showing off writing, artwork etc. ^^

We are still taking applications. ^^

10. Moe

Moe Fed to the Rancor

Call on me when you're ready, sounds good though.

11. Tonto-banchou

Tonto-banchou "Well-Known" Member
    Editor Contributor Social Media Team

I'd like to apply as a writer too, if it's alright. As long as the content wouldn't be limited to just reviews, then I'm down. I'm not very active on the forum threads, but I can commit to submitting at least one article per month. I'm always looking for opportunities to improve my writing, so I'll also commit to becoming more active when it comes to offering feedback on potential article topics/on published works.

12. Neon Walrus

Neon Walrus Mad Clown Disease
    Contributor Gold Founder

I'm somewhat interested, I'm mostly working on reviews at the moment, and I even posted a Kill La Kill review on the forum; feel free to look it over.

That said, I am working on a few other things such as comparing shows, aspects of anime; one piece I'm putting together is about fan labels/identities and why I reject them, but it's solely from my perspective of course.

13. Shannon Apple

Shannon Apple Sour Apple

We are still accepting applications btw. :)

14. käwäii

käwäii Active Member
    Bronze Founder

Question; is it possible to contribute, like make an review or something, without being regular contributor/content team member? Make something like freelance style?

15. Shannon Apple

Shannon Apple Sour Apple

Contributors don't have to have something up every week. It's awesome if they can do that though, but certainly not expected. We do ask that each person try to write something once a month, but again, this isn't mandatory, so long as they are contributing on a semi-regular basis. The contributor team has now been going for about 3 months. Some people have contributed a hell of a lot more than others as you can see. When they aren't writing their own, they are helping others.

Being on the contributor team means that people benefit from other people's input and corrections, so if you're interested in submitting something, even if it's only once every few months, I suggest applying to be on the team.

16. käwäii

käwäii Active Member
    Bronze Founder

Okay. Was just wondering. I'm really not a writer, but I've tried to write some little stuff over the years, like song lyrics and some short stories, but then reviewing a show for example is on another level. But well, I dunno, I guess I'll contact some of you staff if I try to work on something. :cautious::D

17. FlashBot

FlashBot Visitor

Sign me up for gaming article

18. Shannon Apple

Shannon Apple Sour Apple

19. Grungie

Grungie Well-Known Member
    Contributor

Can I become a writer for game reviews, and can I steal them from my own blog? I've got about 28 in reserve based on that alone for full reviews. Then there's first impressions if I care to repost those.

20. 4xdblack

4xdblack Accomplished Booty-Cop
    Silver Founder Plus

What if I said I really wanted to write an article/review, with words and shit and everything... but I have no intentions of writing any others?