News Berserk Manga Goes on Hiatus Until Early 2017

Discussion in 'Manga' started by Kuze, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

[​IMG]

The anime's next arc will premiere in spring 2017.

Source: here

2. Dunn x Dolo

Dunn x Dolo King of the Chatroom
    Silver Founder

LOL. Who really didn't see this coming?

Shi likes this.
  3. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

Atleast you know when its coming back (barring any accidents).

Dunn x Dolo likes this.
  4. Kerberos

Kerberos genki moe blob
    Staff Member Moderator

OH FOR FUCKS SAKE...

I really appreciate Miura giving it his all but c'mon...if you decide to write a 100 volume epic you might wanna try and keep production going at a steady pace if you ever want to finish before your own demise.

Narilka, Shi and Dunn x Dolo like this.
  5. Oh Snape

Oh Snape House Bantsratheon
    Staff Member Moderator

Its been shit for at least a decade so Miura can take a permanent hiatus for all I care..

Struggler likes this.
  6. Enies

Enies Famous Member

nah griffiths storyline is hitting a high point. Well it already did with that huge battle. The only one slightly disappointed its gut's storyline which is meh in comparison. There is potential for this to be good but people are caring les and less.

And I thought GRRM was bad. I read somewhere that the reason he is on hiatus is because of some medical condition while recently someone told me it was because of his obession with a certain weird japanese video game.

7. Struggler

Struggler Sapient Meat
    Platinum Founder

Yep. Pretty obvious he's lost all passion for writing and drawing. Outrageously long breaks, stagnating storylines, and of course not caring enough to properly vet anime studios.

Even when he is working he's cutting corners. Can't even shade art by hand anymore, needs to do it digitally, because that type of shit has gone so well for Berserk:
    [​IMG]
    The bottom picture is the relatively shitty quality of the manga at the moment. Is it objectively bad? Not by any means, but it's not Berserk. It completely kills one of the series most well-known traits: the insane quality of the art and the painstaking detail. Now it's lifeless, more digital art done to save time producing a manga that needs no extra time to make.

The series has almost been going on for 30 years. George RR Martin writes waaaaaay faster than that. It's pathetic, and considering the decline of both the writing and the art of the manga, I honestly don't even care what happens with Berserk anymore. I'm excited for the new video game, but the next season of the anime can suck my dick and Miura can watch.

8. TonyTony

TonyTony Active Member

This is actually one of the saddest posts. RIP Berserk, could be one of the greatest manga ends up being average :(

9. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

Kentarou Miura Resumes Berserk Manga on March 24

This year's sixth issue of Hakusensha's Young Animal magazine is revealing on Friday that Kentarou Miura will resume his Berserk manga in the magazine's seventh issue, which is slated for March 24. The manga will again run on a monthly schedule.

Further read: here

10. Enies

Enies Famous Member

meh it doesnt' even matter anymore. GRRM will still finish his story before Miura finishes berserk even if he goes at a steady pace of monthly release.

doubtful I can even trust the steady pace anymore. and given the snail pace movement of the story I don't even really care anymore.

11. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

You know the drill.

Source: ANN

I'm reading that it has do to with Miura writing himself into a corner with the Casca/Elf Island arc.

12. Oh Snape

Staff Member Moderator

He did that at least 10 years ago. Dude needs to start doing better drugs, basically.

13. Enies

Enies Famous Member

this is going to be a race of who finishes first between grrm and mirua. Its going to be a race of the ages (literally).

can't wait to read both in the future by downloading them directly into my brain!

14. Oh Snape

Staff Member Moderator

They should finish each other off.

15. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

The manga will have a new chapter in the Young Animal magazine's 17th issue on August 23. The new chapter will have a color opening page.

[​IMG]