Sci-Fi BLAME! (Movie)

Discussion in 'New In Japan' started by Shannon Apple, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Shannon Apple

Shannon Apple Sour Apple
    Staff Member Administrator

A movie adaption of the manga "Blame!" is set for release in 2017. The teaser preview below looks pretty damn good, so I'll be keeping an eye out for this one. It will air exclusively via Netflix and the animation is being handled by POLYGON Pictures.

Plot Summary: In the post-apocalyptic future, the complex networks of machines have created chaos and the human world was destroyed. The robots known as the "Constructer" continued to build a meaningless structure with no one to guide them. Soon these cities reach out to the outer planets and another breed of life form emerges. Follow the journey of a strange man, name Killy, in his search for the understanding of the chaotic world being run by Silicon lifeforms out to destroy him and every living thing in their path. (Source: ANN – from manga)

2. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

This'll be the first time I'll be watching a show after having read the manga. Hope its worth it.

3. Oh Snape

Oh Snape House Bantsratheon
    Staff Member Moderator

It has waaaay too much dialogue already.

4. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

Lol, exactly.

5. Shannon Apple

Shannon Apple Sour Apple

They've admitted that it's not 100℅ true to the manga. I haven't read it, but having read up on it, I can see why. XD

6. Oh Snape

Oh Snape House Bantsratheon
    Staff Member Moderator

One does not simply READ Blame!

7. Dunn x Dolo

Dunn x Dolo King of the Chatroom
    Silver Founder

Sweet. Im ready to see this. Hopefully its about 90% true to the manga or Im going to be disappointed. Also that better be the only thing Kily says in the whole movie since he said NOTHING in the manga. :p

8. Kerberos

Kerberos genki moe blob
    Staff Member Moderator

Looks awesome I loved what Polygon Pictures did with Knights of Sidonia so I'm guessing I'm gonna at least like this. Even though I liked the Knights of Sidonia manga a lot better than Blame.

Also can we please have Polygon Pictures teaching CG anime to every major studio in Japan? They're like the only ones who manage to make CG anime look good.

Dunn x Dolo likes this.
  9. Interest1ng

Interest1ng SC's AmbASSador.... MAWP!!!

How the hell is this not going to be 100% to the manga. I mean the series is completed. They have all the material they need to make it 100%. What is wrong with this animation studios. Guess I will watch it anyways.

10. Shannon Apple

Shannon Apple Sour Apple

@Interest1ng I don't think that's the point. Anime adaptions have been done before and got bad reviews. This one is a movie, so my guess is that they plan on adding a certain amount of dialogue, or narration of some description. Don't think I could sit through a film with no dialogue at all. XD. How would that even work? :p

11. Interest1ng

Like most movies back in the 50's or whatever Where someone played the piano.

12. Shannon Apple

Shannon Apple Sour Apple

That might appeal to a very small number of people. If you read the reviews on the 2003 anime series of shorts, people described it as "almost like watching the manga, but with moving pictures." They slated it because the silence didn't work. When it comes to art, a still image can often tell you a lot more than a 30 second clip. These things don't translate well to film, and just don't have the same impact. You have to adapt a story to fit the medium otherwise it's going to be shit. I don't understand the diehard "must be 100% the same" folk. :p

Kerberos likes this.
  13. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

14. Interest1ng

Maybe I will like it more if I watch it. Since it is coming to Netflix I will give it a go.

15. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

16. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

Blame! Gets Novel By Tow Ubukata, New Manga Adapting Upcoming Anime Film

The March issue of Kodansha's Shonen Sirius magazine announced Thursday that Tsutomu Nihei's Blame! manga is getting a novel adaptation written by Tow Ubukata (Ghost in the Shell Arise, Psycho-Pass 2 series composition).

Additionally, the manga is also getting an anthology of short stories, written by the following science-fiction authors: Issui Ogawa (The Lord of the Sands of Time), Nozomu Kuoka (Escape Speed light novel series), Tobi Hirotaka (Autogenic Dreaming: Interview with the Columns of Clouds), Denpō Torishima (Kaikin no Tada), and Mado Nozaki (Babylon, know). Kodansha and Hayakawa Publishing will simultaneously publish the novel and the anthology respectively.

The issue also announced on Thursday that the Blame! anime film will receive a manga adaptation drawn by Kōtarō Sekine (Ninja Slayer Kills).

Further read: here

17. OctalKey

OctalKey 100% Polyester
    Gold Founder

Oh snap it's coming to Netflix and is like Knights of Sidonia? SHWEET

18. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

Blame! Film's Full Trailer Reveals May 20 Opening, Cast, Song Artists

A live-streamed "Blame! Anime Film Project Unveiling" for the new anime film of Tsutomu Nihei's Blame! manga revealed the full one-minute trailer and a new poster visual on Niconico on Thursday. The trailer announced that the film will open in Japanese theaters for a limited two-week engagement on May 20, and it also announced the cast and theme song performers.

The film will also stream exclusively on Netflix worldwide on May 20.

19. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

New Blame! Manga Adapting Upcoming Film Debuts on April 26

This year's April issue of Kodansha's Shonen Sirius magazine announced on Saturday that the manga adaptation of the upcoming new Blame! film will launch in the June issue of Shonen Sirius on April 26. Artist Kōtarō Sekine (Ninja Slayer Kills) is drawing the manga.

[​IMG]

The new anime film (pictured at right) is inspired by Tsutomu Nihei's original Blame! manga. The film will open on May 20 for a limited two-week engagement in Japan, and it will also begin streaming exclusively on Netflix worldwide on the same day.

I just don't see this one being as good/fulfilling as the manga. I'm hoping this manga-inspired plot they'll be adapting manages to capture some beauty of the manga.

20. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

Blame! Anime Film's English-Subtitled Trailer Streamed

Netflix began streaming an English-subtitled trailer last Thursday for the new anime film of Tsutomu Nihei's Blame! manga. The trailer is a subtitled version of the same video that debuted last Thursday.

Film opens in Japan, streams worldwide on Netflix on May 20

Source: here

OctalKey likes this.