Live Action Bleach Live-Action Film

Discussion in 'Anime' started by Kuze, Jul 7, 2017.

1. Kuze

Kuze 『WANTED』
    Contributor

A Bleach live-action film is scheduled to premiere in Japan around summer 2018. The film will center on the "Substitute Shinigami Arc," the manga's first arc which ran from its first to eighth volume. Shinsuke Sato (live-action Gantz, Gantz II: Perfect Answer films, Oblivion Island anime film) is directing the film, and Sōta Fukushi stars as protagonist Ichigo Kurosaki.

Here's the teaser trailer:

2. Kuze

Kuze 『WANTED』
    Contributor

Weekly Shonen Jump magazine has revealed that Hana Sugisaki (live-action Blade of the Immortal's Rin, Mary and The Witch's Flower's Mary, When Marnie Was There's Sayaka) will play Rukia Kuchiki in the live-action film. Additionally, the issue revealed that the film will open in Japan on July 20.

[​IMG]

3. Kuze

Kuze 『WANTED』
    Contributor

Warner Bros. Japan is streaming a teaser trailer for the live-action film. It shows shows Ichigo becoming a shinigami for the first time to fight a Hollow.

4. Kaynil

Kaynil Senior Member

Ooooh. I never watched the anime so the live action could be a good introduction to me.

5. Kuze

Kuze 『WANTED』
    Contributor

Yeah could be. As far as acting and CG goes, Japanese live action films that adapt manga/anime of this kind has come a long way. Take the recent Fullmetal Alchemist live action film for example. But in terms of telling a tight story, there's a lot more to be desired. Not that I'm discrediting this movie from the get-go but we can hope it'll be alright.

Kaynil likes this.
  6. Kaynil

Kaynil Senior Member

I concur. For a series as long as Bleach, it is going to be a tough call how to cram a lot of information in a short period of time. Hopefully, it can serve as a gateway for us to decide if we want to invest more of our time investigating the original material or if it simply isn't our cup of tea.

7. Tonto-banchou

Tonto-banchou "Well-Known" Member
    Editor Contributor Social Media Team

Aw I was so hoping Rukia'd keep the short hair. :(

8. Kuze

Kuze 『WANTED』
    Contributor

A new trailer for the film was streamed.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

9. Animeace

Animeace New Member

I liked the new trailer this is easily looking to the best live action anime film. (Well this year anyaway XD Kenshin movues where great) Cg is not to bad it gets a thumbs up for now at least untill they show bankai thats going to be a deal breaker and what everyone really wants to see.

So from the new trailer it seems granfisher hollow will be covered and rukia getting called back to ss. No orihime or chad shown yet looking forward to there reveals.

10. Tonto-banchou

Trailer looks like it's changing a lot of things -- Ishida's getting set up as the second lead character, Byakuya and Renji show up for a mini-boss fight vs. the Ishidia/Ichigo tag team, the horror feel to the movie is all around, and Chad doesn't seem to exist. Orihime's nowhere to be found either, thank Christ.

The way this is going, I'm thinking they're adapting the first-ish arcs, where Ishida shows up as the sort-of-villain before becoming Ichigo's friend. Ishida does that stupid thing and shows off in front of everyone by summoning an entire horde of Hollows to show he's boss. Then, Byakuya and Renji come in to get Rukia at first, then end up fighting Ichigo and Ishida by mistake, then both teams join up to fight the Hollows Ishida's summoned. That means Rukia gets left on the sidelines and I'm not sure if I'm going to like that or not yet. Don't ask me how I came up with this, I guess watching the full trailer and getting a bazillion expectations about it will do this to anyone.

I'm sort of excited for this, which is cool, since I was so ready to write this off from the start. The effects don't look so bad either, so that's fun.

11. Kuze

Kuze 『WANTED』
    Contributor

A new trailer showcasing the characters Kisuke Urahara, Orihime Inoue, Yasutora "Chad" Sado, and Ichigo's parents Masaki Kurosaki and Isshin Kurosaki was streamed. The video also previews the theme song "Mosquito Bite" by [ALEXANDROS].

Tonto-banchou likes this.
  12. Kuze

Kuze 『WANTED』
    Contributor

More ad-trailers are out.

13. Tonto-banchou

lols they only showed up to make faces at the camera. Wonder if the movie'll turn them into Ichigo's normie classmates instead.

14. Kuze

Kuze 『WANTED』
    Contributor

Netflix U.S. has announced that it will begin streaming the live-action film on September 14.

Video region-locked to US

15. Kuze

Kuze 『WANTED』
    Contributor

Warner Bros. Japan streamed a behind-the-scenes video showing the creation of the 3D CG in the scene where Ichigo fights the Grand Fisher Hollow.