Blogs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Erin Nicole, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Erin Nicole

Erin Nicole Newbie

Do you guys read or own blogs? I just closed my blog in favor of creating YouTube videos.

2. Kuze

Kuze Review Bot Reloaded 2.0
    Contributor

I occasionally follow blogs. They mostly deal with in-and-happening anime/manga industry news.

3. Shi

Shi The Dreamer
    Staff Member Administrator Platinum Founder

I tend to not follow videos as much because you're kind of at the mercy of Youtube. I prefer blogs because they tend to be more informative and the really good blogs are the ones that offer up videos if visitors request them enough for certain topics.

4. Grungie

Grungie Well-Known Member
    Contributor

I write a blog about all the JRPG's I play.

5. Shannon Apple

Shannon Apple Sour Apple
    Staff Member Administrator

I very rarely watch youtube video blogs because they just don't have the same appeal to me as a well-written blog. The person in the youtube video could have a point in what they are saying, but if it's presented badly, or if they are trying to be funny when they are not, I just end up switching it off after 30 seconds, maybe less. If their voice is monotone, I'm probably going to switch them off too. XD

I do watch youtube video tutorials though. I used them a lot in uni to help me understand various programming related things. I learn better by demonstration, than from reading books. It's just the way I am. Of course, other people will say that they learn better the other way around.

6. Kaynil

Kaynil New Member

I used to blog a lot, nowadays not so much. I actually feel embarrassed at my old online blogs, but I still find interesting the way my way of thinking has shifted over the years. Nowadays I don't have enough time to write long entries online and if I had an active blog it most likely wouldn't be focused on my life. I'd either bring back "Rants about forums" or... yeah, most likely that.

I like reading other people's blogs but I haven't done that in a while.

As for vlogs (video blogs), I am fine with them most of the time.