Drama Bohemian Rhapsody (2018)

Discussion in 'Film & Television' started by ReymousFumes, May 15, 2018.

1. ReymousFumes

ReymousFumes Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Nerd
    Contributor

Director: Dexter Fletcher
    Screenplay: Anthony McCarten
    Story: Anthony McCarten and Peter Morgan
    Starring: Mike Myers, Rami Malek (as Freddie Mercury), and Joseph Mazzello (as John Deacon)
    Release Date: 2 November, 2018

Plot:
    A chronicle of the years leading up to Queen's legendary appearance at the Live Aid (1985) concert in 1985.

Get ready to sing your heart out at the theater. The Queen is back!

Always loved Queen's music. So glad to see a movie dedicated to them. You Americans are lucky enough to get the movie two months ahead of Singapore.

#1 ReymousFumes, May 15, 2018
    Last edited: May 16, 2018
  2. Oh Snape

Oh Snape House Bantsratheon
    Staff Advisory

I think I just saw the entire movie in the trailer.

Narilka and ReymousFumes like this.
  3. ReymousFumes

Contributor

Despite that, I still wouldn't mind sitting through the movie in a theater full of Queen fans. It's like going to a Queen concert, but cheaper.

4. Gaff

Gaff Za Warudo
    Silver Founder Plus

I was a bit concerned, given how the early descriptions of the film seemed to suddenly change from 'Freddie Mercury biopic' to 'film about Queen', but that looks decent? Rami Malek certainly looks the part.

ReymousFumes likes this.
  5. Tonto-banchou

Tonto-banchou "Well-Known" Member
    Editor Contributor Social Media Team

I think I read somewhere they were gonna kill Freddie off halfway through the movie, then show how the other band members dealt with it afterwards. That'll be interesting, since Brian May and Roger Taylor are also producing the film and might want to one-up Freddie there, in a "but Queen wasn't all Freddie!" sort of way --- which is true, but it might come off more defensive than anything. Oh, and there was that whole Bryan Singer thing too.

I'm still hyped for the movie, is what I'm saying, but I'm really really worried about it too.

ReymousFumes likes this.
  6. ReymousFumes

Contributor

Yeah, I guess. But I feel like Queen only made it so big because of Freddie. Maybe I'm just being superficial. I mean, the only reason I got into Queen as much as I did was because of Freddie's singing.

7. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

Yeah singer going pyshco???? Wtf..

I probably wont see it in the theater but im sure ill catch it as a rental or netflix. Im guessing thats a recreation of wembley stadium in the trailer? Wasnt the one for the original live aid torn down and rebuilt? So is this a cgi stadium? Or im a totally mixing it up with something else?

I have the montreal concert on dvd. Damn that some impressive stuff! I can certainly see Queens live reputation is well earned.

How much did this intertwine with the early genesis/prog rock movement? Ive watched a lot of the genesis docs and read Phil Collins not dead not dead yet memoir. I dont seem to recall pressure or influence from queen on them. Obviously different music styles in the early genesis days but the showmanship of peter gabriel is certainly a crossover.

Though was peter gabriel still in Genesis when queen was peaking????

8. Narilka

Narilka Destroyer of Worlds
    Staff Member Moderator Platinum Founder

You aren't the only one thinking that. When I think of Queen I always think of Freddie's voice and performances, he has one of my favorite singing voices.

ReymousFumes likes this.