OOC Brink

Discussion in 'Roleplayer's Realm' started by LilithVonBoch, Jan 25, 2017.

1. LilithVonBoch

LilithVonBoch Born to struggle, raised to strive.

As the earth trembles within it's shell, fire rises from the darkness, legends told to be lies began to submerge, bringing nothing but violence with them. A group of 4 powerful beings invaded the earth, demons some would call them, eating millions of souls has they slept within a single day, sending each of them into the abyss, most of them being taken over night with only their relative to realise their death in the later days. None of the demons came for souls or the control of earth, they wanted entertainement, a specific one which required many souls. An arena, using humans to fight other demons until one or some of them manage to defeat the four demons.

Ok that's the setting, I know it's short and cheap, but why bother when you can jump straight to the point right ? You are to create a human to fight in the pits of the arena, or pick another side, who knows ? You will also know the demon's name soon.

Character sheet :

Name:
    Sex:
    Are you pure or a sinner and if so, what is your biggest sin:
    Speciality:
    What kind of fighter are you ? (Note that there is all sorts of magic, you don't have to be a warrior to be in here. All the info is under the sheet for specified information about them.)
    Would you rather sacrifice or save yourself ?
    A quick bio of who your character is, you can use this to give yourself a few traits that I will judge myself if acceptable or not. :
    Your choice of weapon:

The magician: If you choose to be someone with magic powers, it comes with its ups and downs. You start with the basic magical powers, such things as a fireball, flame touch, it all depends on the element you chose to focus. All the elements you chose not to focus, will only be available through out control, meaning if it is not there, you can't create it from your own soul, until later on the role play. The downs ? You are not resistant to being hit what so ever, you aren't made for close quarter combat, a huge hit on the head could knock you out or even damage you badly, BUT, you are more resistant to magic than being which are not magicians, keep that in mind for it is the same on the demon's side.

Fire elements comes with some of the most brutal firepower a magician can have.

Electricity comes with crowd control and chain damage, you won't be dealing tons of damage like the fire element, but the damage can chain on others, keep it in mind if an ally is too close. I'll allow a 2 meter chain reaction to prevent friendly fire, unless you guys want it hardcore, if so let me know.

Water magic comes with area damage and ''inside damage'' You see, bodies are made of water, you can use this magic from within someone's else body, you don't need to control this one to entirely use it, BUT it won't be as destructive as the others, it is mainly use to support others, use the water to heal their wounds and what not.

Earth magic comes with defensive magic, you want someone to become a walking tank ? Embue him with your power as you channel it. Want to destroy armor or a almost undestructable wall ? Use your magic. You can use this magic to make it hard and powerful. Use your imagination, you're a magician after all. ;)

Rules:

I have my own set of rules I'm adding along side the usual ones.

1. I'm the DM, if I say no, it's a no. I won't allow arguing with me. Don't get me wrong, explaining yourself doesn't always count as arguing in my book and or discussing something that annoys you too. If I point out a move that I do not allow, most of the time I will ask you to either change it or to remove it.

2. No killing someone's else character unless you both speak about it and warn me before hand.

3. I give a maximum of 2 weeks to answer, this is a casual roleplay, but I can't allow it to stall it for too long. If you miss a week, you will get bunnied by me and me only. If you need a personal break, let me know and we'll chat about it. I will of course need the reason as of why you cannot reply within the next weeks.

4. Have a shit ton of fun, that's an order, not a rule.

That's it, we'll start this if we can gather four people.

Edit: Oops, I forgot the OOC tag.

#1 LilithVonBoch, Jan 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
  2. 4xdblack

4xdblack Accomplished Booty-Cop
    Silver Founder Plus

Humans fighting with magic n shit? What exactly is the limit here in terms of power?

3. Randoms

Randoms Ridiculously Awesome Randomness
    Silver Founder Plus

Looks rather interesting. I'll probably make a character in the near future. Along with 4xdblacks question, are there other reservations such as number of characters or forbidden traits?

4xdblack likes this.
  4. Ravok

Ravok ~Hoping he will get a reply soon

I would like to join this, buuut i would like specifics about character powers before making a sheet.

5. LilithVonBoch

@4xdblack and @Randoms, your magic powers starts basic, shit like fireball, flametouch, your basic magic, you are human after all, but through out the RP you will start learning new magics, I will imply an ''element focus.'' to nerf magic so it doesn't get too overpowered, of course you'll be able to use ALL the elements, but only one will be upgraded through out the roleplay. Who knows, maybe sometime you'll be able to fuse magic to do some sick sh*t. I will allow focus on element AND support magic, but at the cost of lower firepower, you can be a support instead of being an offensive magician too. I'll have a more detailed explaination under the character sheet sometime today, that was a fault on my part sorry.

@Ravok Unless you're a magician, you ain't got no powers until later on and even then, this isn't an RP to be overpowered from the start nor at any point. You'll obtain human traits at the start that you may pick, something such as strength, speed, on and on, but with human limitation to begin. We ain't in an anime.

6. Ravok

@LilithVonBoch

I have a question about weapons, magical/cursed weapons and/or items. From what im reading these exist in this world. And i was planning on giving my character a cursed/magical weapon as his way of being able to actually keep up with any magical user early and late game. Is this allowed?

7. Moe

Moe Fed to the Rancor

I forgot to ask, but is the abilities we gain later on your choice or ours?

8. LilithVonBoch

@Ravok as I stated in the short story, they came out of no where, so no you don't get any holy or cursed weapons. Everything will start weak, both demons and humans, on a power standpoint that is. You won't get destroyed by a simple fireball, I make my start fair and square for the players to get a good grip of how it works in there. You won't be overpowered, I intended everyone to start weak and grow stronger as everyone progress through out their own method, which will be discussed by me when the time comes. So don't worry, this is a casual thing, I want to give you guys a challenge, not death. ^^

@Moe All yours my friend, I am open minded and as stated above, will discuss about it later with all you when the right time comes. :)

When I show the demons, I'll show you guys their character sheet, most of it. I'll keep most of their powers hidden, when I need to use one, it'll be shown on their sheet and you'll be notified of course.. If we get four, I will make my own character, maybe I'll make one too if we get lots, I'll see about this. :)

9. Ravok

From what im reading, and see your responses. Our backstorys become extremely limited (As non magic caster), our weapons are also nothing special but in name. And our abilitys will be, just being a human? What in any form makes our character a special character at the begining of the game?

10. Randoms

Silver Founder Plus

The fact that your character is one of millions to be consumed, and the fact the demons only want entertainment, I highly doubt any special thought went into why your character was chosen.

11. LilithVonBoch

@Ravok I won't answer about abilities when I just did.

@Randoms Thank you for saying so, this isn't an rp about being special, ya'll just need to save the world, together. It's all a choice you make wether you sacrifice yourself to go into the pits or to sit back and watch.

12. Randoms

Silver Founder Plus

I guess I'll be the first to post. I don't know how much of an effect the character's morality is going to have on the story, so I decided to go big.

Name: Tom Patterson
    Sex: Male
    Appearance: Tall and lean with toned arm and legs. Has a small gut growing. His hair is short, combed forward neatly. His hair is dark brown with grey hair poking through, especially around the sides of his head. He has blue eyes. He wears a light blue polo shirt with a breast pocket, and either cargo shorts or khakis depending on the weather. He has a phone clip on his belt. He wears black sneakers.
    Pure or Sinner (Biggest sin?): Sinner, participates in an online video sharing group of very unethical and immoral activities
    Speciality: Marksman
    Sacrifice or save yourself: Save himself
    Bio: lived in the suburbs of a large but largely unimportant city. There is a forest that surrounds it and mountains to the west. It's in a colder area up north. He is a teacher at a local middle school where he lives near. During weekends he goes hunting with a couple colleagues in the mountain forests. He is a teacher and he is known through out the school as a very trustworthy person. His students often go to him for help in and outside of school. He used to have a wife, but she and his would be son died during labor. When not teaching or hunting, he is at home viewing and submitting questionable videos.
    Weapon: semi automatic hunting rifle

13. LilithVonBoch

Alright sorry I was occupied for a while, but yours is accepted, not like others are jumping in though, no offense to anyone.