Tech Britain's Sixth Generation Fighter:The Tempest

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Enies, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Enies

Enies Famous Member

https://www.news.com.au/technology/...r/news-story/131515ef53fb91f852ccac7b7ef7e4a1

Not only does it have a cooler name than the f-22 (raptor) called the "Tempest" something out of starcraft but it also surprisingly looks nicer in design too.

[​IMG]

2. Oh Snape

Oh Snape House Bantsratheon
    Staff Advisory

More like the Tampon. I'll take a bunch of Raptors and call it a day.

The F-35 can fuck off.

3. Enies

Enies Famous Member

lmfao. Raptors I think are banned from export because its the flagship. So other countries are developing their own you'd be surprised they might be better than the raptors.

4. Oh Snape

Oh Snape House Bantsratheon
    Staff Advisory

The Raptor also does what its supposed to out the box.

Are conventional wars even gonna be a thing in future? Better off having a nuclear deterrent (yes I'm looking at you Jeremy) and investing in cyber warfare/security. The Chinese and Russians are either ahead here or just infinitely more douchey with it. Prolly both.

5. Enies

Enies Famous Member

china is just working on entry denial technology IE missles that can take down aircraft carriers. that way they dont need to actually fight the US's enormous aicraft carrier fleet on equal footing but rather shoot them with missles from afar at a much lowest cost denying them entry to their artificial islands which they promised everyone they wouldn't be militarized.

anyways, i'm sure the latest weapons systems like the raptor probably have british technology in them like they did in ww2.

6. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

I always follow latest military tech. Ever since i first saw then read hunt for red october it kinda stuck.

I think right now the bigger shift is the hypersonic missile tech. Supposedly they are super hard to intercept. Though i wonder if rail guns ever go into operation if theyd be a match?