cheap clothes. This coat costs a penny!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shadow Fox, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Shadow Fox

Shadow Fox Enemy of the State
    Gold Founder

https://www.amazon.com/TTOOHHH-Zipper-Outwear-Windbreaker-Overcoat/dp/B07ZB35BMR/ref=sr_1_53?dchild=1&keywords=mens+winter+trench+coat+long+waterproof&qid=1574770675&sr=8-53&th=1&psc=1

This coat in Medium size apparently costs a single penny....plus shipping. I am almost thinking of buying it out of morbid curiosity! Anyone have experience buying any of these weird stylized cheap ass clothing you find on discount websites? Like the kind where everything they sell looks video gamey or what not and usually sells for less than half or less of what normal clothes in stores cost?

2. Griffmeister

Griffmeister What the hell are you staring at?
    Gold Founder

Now you have my curiosity triggered, but not enough to spend 17 bucks on shipping. The only plus is that it’s on Amazon so combine that with a credit transaction and at least there is some buyer protection from fraud. At that price I would half expect to receive a plastic trash bag slit down the middle with two arm holes cut in the sides.

3. Oh Snape

Oh Snape House Bantsratheon
    Staff Member Moderator

Windbreaker? It looks like what you'd get if a bathrobe fucked a trenchcoat.

Anyway, I've bought used books from amazon for a penny and the shipping is usually about 3-5 quid. So I'm guessing someone selling to get their ratings/orders up or have a sweet shipping deal.

#3 Oh Snape, Nov 26, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
  4. Shadow Fox

Shadow Fox Enemy of the State
    Gold Founder

5. Mr. Mister

Mr. Mister Is Breaking Down

Personally, I might take a chance on it, although it's not my style. But if it was more of my speed, I might. Shipping is always how people get their money so always pay attention to that detail. I actually have far too many coats and t-shirts and I need to get rid of some of them. As for that second hoodie, hell no!

6. Shannon Apple

Shannon Apple Sour Apple
    Staff Member Administrator

Usually when it's too good to be true, it is. Now, I got a pair of jeans from Amazon for 10 quid. My Dad wanted a few casual bits and I grabbed him a few things, including those. They were from "New Look" a popular high street brand and sold by Amazon. So, put in 32 waist, 34 leg. What he gets are 28 waist, and very short legs. I measured the waist. Amazon just refunded me on those when I complained and said I didn't need to send them back. Some kid got a brand new pair of jeans in the local charity shop.

Never tried buying something THAT cheap and won't. And I thought £10 Sterling was pretty cheap. XD