Slice of Life Comic Girls

Discussion in 'New In Japan' started by Sora Senpai, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Sora Senpai

Sora Senpai The Ecchi King
    Contributor Gold Founder

[​IMG]

Synopsis
    The daily life of up-and-coming female mangaka living together in a dormitory.

Studios: Nexus
    Source: 4-koma manga
    Genres: Comedy, Slice of Life

PV:

Air Date: April 5 on Crunchyroll

2. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

I expected something a little more laid back but I was wrong and I am not even upset. In fact I am even more excited to the rest of this series. I was crying after the first episode because I was laughing so much. Each girls downfall for not being able to draw something or someone can now be solved by the girls in the dorm.

When Tsubasa handed Kao the paper that said "Ill never forgive you" Dude...done lol.

Aww Poor Ruki, she needs to know that FLAT IS JUSTICE!!!

3. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

I wasn't quite as enchanted by it as you. Only slightly less so... but damn so cute :D it does remind me of monthly girl thematically at least. And a bit like new game.

Bring it on!

4. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

Comic Girls Opening

"Memories" by Comic Girls

Comic Girls Ending

"Namida wa Misenai" by Comic Girls

5. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

Cute episode as always. Tsubasa has that Silver Credit card $_$ money!
    Very informative as well when it came to the screen prints, and the splashing of blood with the ink. Very cool.

Next week though...bathing suits???

6. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

As always???? Dude it was episode 2 :D :D :D
    But I hear you teasing aside. This is a fun one. The cat scene was super adorable. I must say i like the facial expressions in this one. Though I think nothing compares to food wars as far as facial expressions :) - and darn why do they have to post a teaser like that??? :D :D Now i want it even more.

7. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

I usually hate characters like Kaos...but she's actually pretty funny and is trying harder. When Koyumi put Kaos head against her chest..."Thank you God" Dude I was rolling!

Also "Jiggle Jiggle" haha

Koyume does have a nice body, but Tsubasa's is where its at!

8. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

Yep kaos isnt 1 dimensional.

This one had it all :D its developing its own clique. I was thinking it was merely a Mashup of new game and monthly girl. But its different in its own way. Though how the two established artists ended up there is a mystery. They seem pretty advanced. Unless the idea of the place is to mix "old" with "new" i guess....

Definitely fun :) though i still think highschool dxd gets the top award for using the word poke :) but this title jiggle jiggle bounce was delightful.

So any chances of real yuri later on?????

9. Grungie

Grungie Established Member
    Contributor

Ruki is best girl

10. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

The house mother is cute too or is that her name?? I want to see her and the manga editor go out drinking :)

11. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

Ruki is the purple haird girl.

12. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

Ahh thanks :) it is cute they all have insecurities. Its true the grass is always greener on the other side.

13. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

While there was a lot of comedy in the beginning of this episode (great comedy btw) the second half was amazing.

Let's get the comedy out of the way first. Hilarious. Like Kaos comforting Ruki and all of them helping her out with the manuscript was hilarious. I had to pause the episode for 5 minutes because I was laughing so hard.

Next let's talk about the realism in this episode. Kaos looking up to Ruuki as a professional will always be awesome. It shows how much influence Ruuki already has on both Kaos and Koyume's lives. Along with that we get some nice Tsu moments reminding Ruuki to remember how she felt when they would line up for autographs. I feel like they captured what goes through the artists mind perfectly. Then Ruuki crying at the end was really really cool. Well I mean not cool but she remembers about the time where she was super sick, or she couldn't go back home because her dog died because she always put her work first. That's some real life shit people. Yeah man...shit happens but sometimes you still need to put your career first, and it sucks. For her to realize that and finally get a sense of relief I think that was freaking awesome.

Lastly, which made this episode special to me were just he little details they added to this. So towards the end Ruuki is out of the shower and she's just playing with her hair. The motion, and the way her hair was at certain points just felt real. Like I felt like I was looking at a 3D person, the other part which I liked was at the end again when she was crying, you could tell her make up was running. YES that shit happens in real life dammit! You're not magically going to keep on your makeup if your crying (Unless you have super awesome makeup)

Super Solid episode.

14. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

Absolutely! I loved the pc scene :)

I needed this because i was close to tears from watching the newest wixoss first.

The comedy is top notch. Even though it can be Slightly slightly either predictable/annoying/weird i dont know. Im not saying its bad in anyway it just has something that is argh i dont know. I do love it. Maybe too too screwbally is what im looking for but again not bad just argh and i do love it.

And youre right the real emotion stuff was amazing. Her growth was phenomenal. You dont get the kind of character development in serious dramas sometimes. So it was spot on.

I cant say what my minor gripe is with the show. Maybe it is because it is balancing growth with slapstick comedy. Maybe the juxtaposition is just so odd im not used to it. Not saying other comedies dont do it to some degree. It just this does it in a different way.

All in all its a superb series. So glad I started it.

15. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

So I know Comic Girls is turning into a Cute Girls doing Cute things anime...but it still has some real life shit involved like Progressing and learning from different experiences in life.

Add in the chemistry between all the characters now, this anime is so fucking good!

It's breaking the mold of Two and Two
    So basically Kaos and Koyume were meant to be the one pair and Tsu and Ruuki were meant to be the other, BUT NO, they change constantly when it comes to different activities and I love it!

Tsu and Kaos playing Video Games was fantastic.

Wakaba Girls!

16. Griffmeister

Griffmeister What the hell are you staring at?
    Gold Founder

Yoda, BEACH DAY!

Love those subtle punch lines that sneak up on you, like the sketchbook bit.

What was that scary part at the end, or is it best not to think about it?

17. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

:)

There were some interesting camera angles on the beach :D

The one liners are amazing. What i like is how even when they split up it still works amazingly well. I cant get over how emotional it can turn. Not many comedies can work both sides of the coin this well. Only downside is for anything to truly "happen" we'll probably have to wait for the season ending.

As for the end Griffmeister is thst a new character? Though they just bought new clothes so not sure. ....

18. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

Did her scream just change? And getting to meet a fan? Too cool. I also really loved the atmosphere they put in to the first half. :)

19. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

Add another great girl to the list! I loved Fuura. She had potential to be best girl in all honesty, but then that second half Tsu brought me backt o reality lol.

20. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

Whod think they'd do the goth in this series? :D