General Daddy O' Five Prank Channel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ReymousFumes, Aug 2, 2018.

1. ReymousFumes

ReymousFumes Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Nerd
    Contributor

So I know this is a year old, but I just want to take a little time talking about this, and maybe give a friendly warning about this YouTube channel that was actually still making videos recently. The name of this channel is "FamilyOFive" (previously known as DaddyOFive) and its main gimmick was the abuse of children as part of a prank. YouTube personality Philip DeFranco has talked extensively about this, so I'll allow him to tell you more:

Thanks to Philip and his subscribers, the abuse of the channel creator (Mike Martin)'s son, Cody Martin, has been made known to the authorities and he's in the safe hands of his biological mother (Cody was previously living with Mike and his stepmother). He's been said to be doing better now, and I hope the best for him.

Unfortunately, FamilyOFive has recently started a new channel and a whole new string of [strike]abuse[/strike] prank videos - but thankfully, YouTube stepped in this time and banned that motherf***er for good just two weeks ago on 18 July, 2018. Sayo-freaking-nara.

Now, the reason I feel compelled to share this is because I'm aware of the long-lasting damage such childhood abuse could cause you, so it was kinda painful to watch the events above taking place to someone else. It's just disturbing how people could exploit children so easily and they would have no protection at all. What I find equally disturbing is that this motherf***er actually has supporters accusing Cody of being a whiny little b**** with anger issues. I tell you, man, I've always found YouTube to be a cesspool, but this is just another level of disgusting. Between this bastard and Logan Paul, I think YouTube is better off being shut down. I don't know. I just really find this platform to be toxic.

Shannon Apple and Oh Snape like this.
  2. Oh Snape

Oh Snape House Bantsratheon
    Staff Advisory

Never heard of this before. Yeah....what a douchy bunch of bellends. Hope that kid is given a better chance, seemed to be on verge of panic attack in places.

Fair play to youtube for finally removing the garbage but shutting it down will just move the cesspool to some other site. At least with something as big as YT its more visible and action can be taken. I don't know....I usually hear about kind of stuff from reaction video's so I'm out the loop old person stylee.

ReymousFumes likes this.
  3. Matemar

Matemar The Crow

If I came up to Mr. Martin and punched him in the face, or set his car on fire, I wonder if saying "It's just a prank bro." would be enough for him to forget and forgive what I just did.

ReymousFumes likes this.
  4. ReymousFumes

Contributor

So just a little update: Aside from the aforementioned son, there was also the daughter, Emma Martin, whose custody was also given to the biological mother. She would be the one that Mr. Martin manipulated one of his sons (not Cody) to literally slap her in the face.

She's clearly in pain and crying her eyes out, so I don't exactly see how this is supposed to be "scripted". No child actor on YouTube is that talented.

Thank god she's out the door from that Manson Family. Too bad we can't say the same about the three other kids though. One of the boys who slapped Emma looks only a year older than Cody, maybe 10 or 12. Hope the rest of the kiddies get out and turn this into "Daddy O' None."

On a more personal note, there are actually Asian countries in the world outside America that allow such behavior to pass. "It's just a little slap. Kids need to be smacked around." At least Americans would bother to do something about it and call out on such outrage.

5. Shannon Apple

Shannon Apple Sour Apple
    Staff Member Administrator

WOW... seriously, they talk as if they haven't got a brain between them. They're just a couple of uneducated goons that are using the children to make money, and it's disgusting. People don't stand for this stuff when it's being done to animals let alone little kids.

Poor little Cody. He obviously hates what they're doing, yet they keep doing it to him. :(

ReymousFumes likes this.
  6. Grungie

Grungie Well-Known Member
    Contributor

This is from a year ago when the news first broke, but the crazier thing is how they changed their story from “it’s scripted and shit happens”, to straight up “nah these are fake af”, then make an apology video. One comment I saw in their apology video was “if those videos were fake as you say, you should get acting lessons from your kids”.

I also agree with Snape that shutting down YouTube isn’t going to stop people from uploading this stuff. Hell Worldstar and even more notoriously, Live Leaks is famous for that kind of stuff, and significantly worse.

ReymousFumes likes this.
  7. ReymousFumes

Contributor

It's even more sickening when you know that the mother is actually their stepmother. I think the reason only Cody and Emma were taken away because they weren't the biological children of that stepmother. So you could imagine this stepmother taking the piss out of these two kids because they're not even her kids anyway. Jeez, woman, way to perpetuate the myth of all stepmothers being evil.

Oh, but it gets better.

As detailed in Philip's video I posted in the first post, the stepmother used the biological mother's bi-polar condition against her to take the custody of the kids away. That's how these two sickos got the children in the first place. Jeez, how sick can you get? I'll bet they don't even care for having these two children and just saw two money-making machines.

Shannon Apple likes this.
  8. LilithVonBoch

LilithVonBoch Born to struggle, raised to strive.

Honestly, I'm surprised Cody didn't decide to bite the dust by himself, it really looks like a hell to live with them. Good for him and Emma to be out of there.

9. kura

kura lay back and think of England

Thank God this is swiftly being dealt with. They're gonna be so overwhelmed by internet justice that they're going to be justifiably harrassed for a longg time. Monetizing abuse of children.... your children? Nope

10. Dunn x Dolo

Dunn x Dolo King of the Chatroom
    Silver Founder

I honestly don't get why people are dumb enough to think things like this is okay?

I punched my wife in the face for no reason at all and video taped it. Its not wrong because its just a prank bro!!! -_-

Im glad the kids got taken away because who knows how much mental and physical damage this could have accumulated to over time. On top of that, this idiot was basically teaching his kids that its okay to physically abuse somebody and video tape it. He gives us real dads a bad rap.

11. Grungie

Grungie Well-Known Member
    Contributor

From Wikipedia:

I’d pay $5 a month for child abuse

/s

12. Shannon Apple

Shannon Apple Sour Apple
    Staff Member Administrator

Co-incidentally, the other 3 older children posted up a video on Youtube a few days ago accusing people of ruining their lives because Youtube closed down an attempt to restart their child abuse business. It's okay for those three to complain, they weren't the butt of all the abuse. It was Cody and Emma who seemed to be the ones getting the worst of it.

It might have been an old video that was re-uploaded again. The account that posted it claimed that he was asked to by the kids. So weird.

13. Oh Snape

Oh Snape House Bantsratheon
    Staff Advisory

Have they already done the 'you were adopted 'prank' on kids birthday or is that gonna be on the paid channel?

Those kids should be more worried about people forever doing douchey things to them and then shrugging 'its just a prank bruh.' Terrible parenting.