Personal Dating mishaps

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tenken, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Scruffie

Scruffie Pro Tarantula Bro-Fister
    Editor

That was 8 years ago and I still use it as ammo against the friend that set us up.

2. Tenken

Tenken Senior Member
    Platinum Founder

So was that a first date?

Edit:
    Never mind I see it was a once off. What an approach.

3. Dunn x Dolo

Dunn x Dolo King of the Chatroom
    Silver Founder

Scruffie: "Hello. I'm Sarah. Your blind date. You must be....."

Guy: "Lets do anal."

XD

4xdblack, Scruffie and Tenken like this.
  4. Scruffie

Editor

I wish this was further from the truth.

Wouldn't have been quite as bad if he hadn't sulked with a bible for being told no...

4xdblack and Dunn x Dolo like this.
  5. Shi

Shi The Aspirer
    Staff Member Administrator Platinum Founder

It's bound to work eventually. Just look at "The Naked Man".

Dunn x Dolo likes this.
  6. TonyTony

TonyTony Active Member

This is how most of my dates go.

Were a match made in heaven, Sarah~~~

Dunn x Dolo and Scruffie like this.
  7. Shannon Apple

Shannon Apple Sour Apple
    Staff Member Administrator

OMG @Scruffie. Is it possible to top that in terms of weird? XD

8. Tenken

Tenken Senior Member
    Platinum Founder

I still don't know what to say about the bible part. It's like "really?" And you were set up by a mutual friend? I'd stop being friends with someone after that. There's only so much weirdness you can defend.

Dunn x Dolo likes this.
  9. Scruffie

Editor

Hahaha she dint know him very well and he had told her he was in a band, but not that it was a church punk band.

@Shannon Apple I hope for everyones sake no

Shannon Apple likes this.
  10. Shannon Apple

Shannon Apple Sour Apple

Same here. My friends have set me up a couple of times with pretty annoying people, but that would probably end our friendship. Someone like that would scare the living bejaysus out of me. XD

There is this thing when you hit late 20s and 30 where married or practically married friends assume that you're miserable if you're not in a relationship. It's kinda annoying. Those ones tend to set you up with anyone because anyone is better than no one. Even if they would never date them themselves. I won't go on those dates willingly hahaha.

Hikari-chan likes this.
  11. Tenken

Tenken Senior Member
    Platinum Founder

See, this is why I made this thread. It's learning by observation for me. lol.

I now know that I shouldn't whip out bibles after asking for anal. It's bound not to work so well.

Dunn x Dolo likes this.
  12. Scruffie

Editor

So take note. Wait for the second date to ask for anal and throw a bitch fit when they say no

Shannon Apple likes this.
  13. Shannon Apple

Shannon Apple Sour Apple

Hahahaha! Too funny. This made my night.

14. bunnydemon326

Not sure if this counts, but on my very first date, the guy was a no show then messaged me later that week and asked if I was ready for our date the following week. When I told him it was supposed to happen he asked how he could make it up to me. I told him to find someone else and cut contact with him.

15. Enies

Enies Famous Member

LMFAO. the funniest one easily.
    I just imagine the guy reading the bible franctically like trying really hard not to come off as angry. Also, I imagine him wearing black and glasses.

Maybe if the topic was strictly just about anal...? But could he constantly ask about that at every turn no matter the conversation lol

4xdblack likes this.
  16. Scruffie

Editor

I tend to wait until at least the second date to casually discuss anal Lol

He dd wear all black! And had bright red hair and I swear was wearing eyeliner.

Also the day I realised my friend didn't know my type lol

17. B_Raiden_

B_Raiden_ Your local neighbourhood fedora flipping weeaboo

So im only 18 and i have no dating experience yet but reading everyone's dating mishaps i know what to do.
    1. Be myself
    2. Let her in with my hobbies
    3. If i see the relationship no going anywhere end it.

Not sure if im missing anything but i hope i dont have any dating mishaps.

18. Psychotika

Psychotika Newbie
    Platinum Founder

In high school, there was this boy that I liked - and now looking back I can't imagine why I was ever into him (ah, dumb youth). Anywho, he had this friend who liked me, and we had hung out a couple of times and I thought he was cool. My crush said, "Give him a chance, it's like test driving a car, if you don't like it return it." Also, I had ever dated anyone at the time who I didn't already know for a while (I wish I would've stuck to my rule). So we dated for like, two weeks. The first week we didn't really talk and it was like I didn't really have a boyfriend. The second week he started walking me to class - and we never hung out outside of school (so really only between classes and lunch). One day when he walked me to class I told him I just didn't want a boyfriend at the time. He was oddly okay with it - but in the end he really wasn't. It was a long time before he started talking to me again (and that was because I started dating someone who ended up becoming his best friend). We're okay now though, I mean we're adults and that was AGES ago.

19. Narilka

Narilka Destroyer of Worlds
    Staff Member Moderator Platinum Founder

I dated a guy twice when I was 20, he was about 8 years older than me. The first date was just us talking at a coffee shop for a couple of hours and it went pretty well I am really outgoing and talkative and he seemed like he was as well.

Our second date was different, it lasted about 10 hours, we started off kayaking for about 3 hours and had a picnic lunch. It was pretty fun for the most part for this part of the date but it seemed like I was hanging with a friend I was really comfortable with him. We separated and washed up and meet for dinner and this is where it got a little awkward for me. He tried his hardest to make all of my decisions for me during dinner, he wanted to order some kind of fish something or another and I wanted something with steak. He ordered something with steak, I just burned about 1000 calories that morning, I wanted a damn steak haha. The price was about the same so it wasn't a money issue. Then he starts making comments about how he likes to makes decisions, and he started smiling like an idiot. I am still perplexed by him I have never given the impression to anyone that I was meek, other than being physically attracted to me I have no idea what he saw in me. This was the last time I went out or even spoke to him.

20. Tenken

Tenken Senior Member
    Platinum Founder

That's an interesting one @Narilka. Was the plan to share a meal or was it just "hey I like to control everything" kind of weirdness? I've actually shared desserts like cake and stuff on first dates before. It wasn't my idea mind you, but it was a good idea when they brought it up. I figure it's because the girls I've been out with want some dessert but not to eat the whole thing, lol.

#40 Tenken, Jun 6, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2016