Comedy Demi-chan wa Kataritai

Discussion in 'New In Japan' started by Kuze, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

[​IMG]

Lowdown:

(Source: MU)

Trailer:

Air Date: Check here

Twitter: here

Official Site: here

2. Sora Senpai

Sora Senpai The Ecchi King
    Contributor Gold Founder

It should be a crime for all these girls to be so FREAKING CUTE!!!
    Satou was super shy and adorable.
    Hikari talking to Tetsuo-sensei and getting embarrassed was so cute.
    Machi waiting for an answer from sensei though....GAHHHH ADORABLE!!!!

Loved episode one can't wait for the Snow Women to get more time as well.

Shanigami and Moe like this.
  3. Shanigami

Shanigami Actually a Ghost
    Gold Founder

I felt the same @Sora Senpai. I actually went into this show expecting it to be some shitty moe monster girl harem series, but it was actually done pretty well (in the first episode anyway). I like all the characters so far and the dialogue/interactions were pretty good too. It's nice to have the diversity of some characters being students and some being teachers, especially with the MC being a teacher instead of the generic high school student.

Looking forward to the rest of the series :)

4. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

This episode propelled this anime to my favorite so far for the Winter. I mean I know there's some great anime out there this season but man this episode had everything. Happy, Sad, Perverted, Funny, and Embarrassing moments, this episode had it all.

The hug...THE HUG!!!!! So good. Although Hikari kind of interrupted it, that face had me in tears though.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The Date was sweet though, even with Hikari "Poking" fun towards Machi constantly *wink wink*

Takahashi-sensei is such an awesome dude. Even though I am sure it was Hikari's idea, Takahashi was able to confront the Principal and convince him into letting her get a backpack. Satou (the Succubus) was able to see Takahashi not only showing how much he cares about his student's but also his Co-workers when he mentions to the Principal about having Machi's homeroom teacher take the credit for it. Plus she clearly see's that he has a strong interest and caring for monster girls.

Shanigami and Moe like this.
  5. Shanigami

Gold Founder

Here's some of my thoughts on this episode, excluding all the good stuff @Sora Senpai wrote above.

1. They didn't spend enough time doing the interview with Machi. Felt like they spent more time asking/answering questions with Hikari, and I feel like there's way more questions to ask a dullahan than a vampire. We did find a few things out indirectly throughout the episode though so I guess it kind of balances out. Maybe it's just because dullahan are a lesser-known race and I want to know more about them, and that's why I feel like they didn't say enough.

2. This episode made me wonder if regulation school bags are really a thing in Japan. I always see everyone carrying the same messenger bag style (for the most part) but I assumed it was just an anime thing. If they are, I don't know why they would require the messenger bags instead of the backpack kind, since there is literally no advantage to messenger bags I can think of other than being able to move stuff in/out of it while wearing it, which isn't something you'd need to do very often I'd assume.

Anyway, those were just some of my random thoughts during this episode, since I didn't want to repeat everything Sora just said.

6. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

I can safely say this is my favorite anime of the Winter 2017 season.

First things first, I love, LOVE Takahashi sensei. He is just so freaking cool.
    Satou sensei trips, he helps her up and makes a solid impression on her. Only for our viewers to find out she really did have an INTENSE effect on him after they touched. Such an awesome scene. Then he has some one on one time with Hikari, talking aboout Sucking blood and the compariosn to Sexual intercourse..."Sex? Sex *more erotic voice* Sex."I lost it lol. Hikari then kisses him an he is not affected at all he kinda brushes it off and continues on his paper. SO COOL!!!

About the rest of the episode. My god I feel so bad for Satou sensei. She can't live in the vicinity of other men, and she lives out in the freaking sticks all alone. That's so freaking depressing. It was awesome to learn about all downs of being a succubus and for her to overcome the obstacles of being a succubus. She is extremely beautiful. Like this and the ast episode had fan service, but I felt the fanservice in this anime has been more of a "beautful" sense then a "Oh hey here's some tits and ass for you"...sense.

Satou and Machi have a nice chat basically confessing their feelings towards Takahashi sensei though and what they both love about him. "I love his arms" "YES ME TOO!" omg I was freaking done with that. I was wondering why both were looking at his arms in the previous episodes. it makes sense for Machi to like his arms because he can carry her head, but Satou..I guess she's just an arms girl.

The ending was pretty dramatic with Yuki. I like that about this show, that it dhows some real world problems these girls deal with along with being Demi's.

Also the background music is freaking fantastic, especially in this episode. I like the soft guitar rifts they had playing anytime Satou was on screen If kinda gave it a devilish feel to it...but calming if that makes sense.

Pinky The Blue Flamingo and Moe like this.
  7. Moe

Moe Fed to the Rancor

For me, and with all these anime trying to fit in a shit ton of characters into a 12 episode season, we're blessed that this one isn't trying to do that and just sticking with 4 so we really get to know each, I am I wouldn't be surprise to see others later on but still. This anime is a great one.

I don't know how long it will be, and I prefer not to know.

8. Moe

Moe Fed to the Rancor

Another great episode, that hug scene was amazing.

9. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

This episode had me screaming "Yes YES!!! This anime is so FREAKING GOOD"! I love Takahashi sensei.

He is so interested in Demi's and he comforts Yuuki. he then notices her tears are turning to ice (freaking awesome btw) He could have then gained some interest in that and asked questions but no, he worried about Yuuki and her feelings and what she was dealing with.

Then Takahashi and Satou have a nice somewhat grownup conversation about not only helping Yuuki out but helping out all the Demi's in the school. (Ship the hell outta Satou and Takahashi btw).

Then Hikari...I'm surprised how much I love Hikari, she's usually the type of character I hate in anime but her stepping and and being like "Nah, f*** these girls"and giving them the business was EPIC!!!!

That Hugging scene had me in tears, both Laughing and sad. When he hugged Hikari, Machi made one of the funniest faces I've seen.
    [​IMG]
    Then Satou sensei was SO HUNGRY for one, and Takahashi disallowed her. Hilarious but I felt terrible for Satou.

Then Yuuki got a nice comforting hug...that got me a little bit T_T

Then Machi's body...CRYING people. Oh my lord hahaha. "Why did you make that noise sensei?" HAHAHHA

Finally the scene with the sister was nice, then hilarious.
    "You Demi loving Sensei!"
    "Well that's true but I'm a nice guy!"

Protect all of these characters..PLEASE!!!

#9 Sora Senpai, Jan 28, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
    Moe likes this.
  10. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

Another winning week for Interview with Monster girls. The animation this week was top notch, a lot better then last week I will say. Didn't think Takahashi Sensei could get better but he just does!

I love how they worked the "Cold Sweat" into one of Yuuki's problems she was having. That's actually pretty clever and makes sense.
    I liked the complete 180 in personality for Yuuki as well. if she went through this entire anime just being a shy girl and trying to open up to the others I felt like it would have got real boring real fast. They had enough time to introduce her, show the audience she's shy, give her a backstory with some problems and then overcome those problems.
    Done, now she's a happy girl who is a little more bold and Iove it.

The interaction between Sensei and Hikari gets better by the weeks as well. Just her change in mood when Sensei calls her different times is fantastic.

Of course the best part of the episode was Hikari chewing on Yuuki NOM NOM NOM NOM!!

I feel like they need to have another Satou and or Machi development episode. Machi seems to just be there now, I still love her but need more. Sensei definitely needs some more development imo. She's basically a side character at this point.

#10 Sora Senpai, Feb 4, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2017
  11. Shanigami

Gold Founder

Hikari is the best part of every episode :love:.

And now that all the characters have been introduced and developed a little, I'm interested to see what they will do next. Will they continue to developed them individually and alternate between them, or have them all together doing stuff? I think the latter would be more fun, and the former would allow for more character development, so I'm hoping for a good mix of the two.

12. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

They need to develop Satou and Machi more. Hikari and Sensei are basically the two Main characters at this point.

13. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

I have sisters and the writers nailed these two down perfectly. My sisters act the same exact way with each other. They're best friends but will easily get angry with one another haha.
    Great episode, I am surprised they brought in the Takanashi's mid way though the series. I actually think it was the better approach. (For those who do not know the Takanashi's appear really early in the manga.)
    I was waiting for them to bring up Hikari's father dying his hair. <3 Loved that moment.
    I was happy with his networking to the other Demi parents as well, that was pretty sweet on all of their parts.

Damn the interaction between Satou and Takhashi is always fantastic! They need to develop Satou a little bit more though. Like maybe go on a freaking DATE with Takahashi!

That Machi letter was sweet. "It was very warm" Squee I just wanna carry her head around and hold it so close!

It was a real comforting moment when Sensei was just sitting back and watching Machi write that letter. It was really nice. Also Takahashi wanting to do more for the Demi's is always a positive.

Yuuki's new part in the opening though!!!!

Edit: Just found this out since i actually watched the after credits...Thank god the next episode is a Satou special!

#13 Sora Senpai, Feb 11, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
  14. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

There were some interesting moments in this episode. When Satou mentions her father and how Ugaki does more fatherly things for her, there's a slight awkwardness going on between the two. Could it be that Satou's father is not happy with Satou being a Succubus?

Kurtz was interesting. They mention in the episode though that the only way a Man could not be affected is if they are Gay...so unless Kurtz has a super power...then he's gay...correct?

I'm so glad Satou wasn't upset about finding about Sensei actually being affected by her aphrodisiac. It actually made her even more excited lol.

It was cool to learn more about the Succubus in the word as well, and how they play a roll in the criminal world. I never thought about them using their powers because Satou is such an angel but yeah, it makes sense. It just sucks the police are basically keeping a watch on them constantly.

Hikari did not like the cigarettes...and IM right there with you Hikari...Takahashi lost some points in my book after smoking up.

15. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

I love it when a Woman can kick my ass. OMG SATOU SENSEI!!! <333
    I keep falling in love with her more and more each week.

This episode was one of the best so far. The comedy was pure gold from beginning to end.

When Sensei denied Hikari a hug I lost it lol.

Also the development of Yuuki is freaking awesome. Going from the shy character to what she is now is great and she turned into a way better character then what I thought she would be.

No question though that Satou sensei would taste the best.

16. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

Satou and Takahashi's discussion about Succubus was awesome development for the two of them. I loved every part of that interaction. Expression of the year from Takahashi as well lol.

Yuuki getting embarrassed from her acting was cute. Wanting to make cold air is a natural thought for a Snow woman I would assume.

I enjoyed Hikari and Yuuki "moment" when they were "arguing" over who was worse in heat, Snow Women or Vampires lol.

Machi running while her head was just there breathing was pretty funny to me. It was just different and I found it hilarious.

Looks like next week will be a Machi focused episode.

Narilka likes this.
  17. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

Sakie's jealously had me rolling lol.

Oh man I was nervious when machi dropped her head, I don't blame Takahashi for being upset, but he did step over the line slightly. Even though he was really worried about Machi she should have realized his feelings. They did that part really well.

Aww man I thought I would go this entire anime without hating someone, then enters the Vice Principal...why you gotta be a jerk bro???

Narilka likes this.
  18. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

The beginning of this episode worried me, it seemed the animation skipped a little bit when Takahashi was in his chair one second, then basically face to face with the Demi's in the next scene. Didn't seem too fluent animation wise, then there was a scene where Hikari basically had no face at all. So before the opening I was going into this episode with a little worry...not to mention last week the Vice Principal was sort of a Mean guy.

First off the animation got way better after the opening. The direction and story were all really fantastic.

Man It was cool to get the other students point of view towards the Demi's. The zoom up's on these characters and some of the faces they made were gold! I liked the Black hair'd chicks reaction to consoling the Demi's as well. That was really thought out and showed how reliable Takahashi really is.

That video was super super sweet...I'd be lying if I said it didn't get me a little teary eyed.

Yo Sakie asking Takahashi out for drinks though!!!! LETS GO SATOU X TAKAHASHI!!!!!

Hikari is awesome, I loved the head pat on Takahashi lol.

The Vice Principal ended up being somewhat reasonable, I saw his points but he also saw the results as well. The Drama caused by him was not too crazy which really helped this episode a lot.

One of my favorite episodes of the Winter Season. Very Well done.

Episode 12 though...THE HYPE IS FOR REAL!!!

#18 Sora Senpai, Mar 18, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
  19. käwäii

käwäii Active Member
    Bronze Founder

I don't really seek out these types of shows, but still I like to watch them. They're easy to watch and digest. But yeah, this is pretty good. It's better than average stuff. Characters are charming enough to like them, and there is some degree of examination to them being demi-human, giving some depth to them. Takahashi is a good dude, and as a character haven't really seen many of his types. At least I think Takahashi is a lot more interesting than some other person in some average show with teachers.

20. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

When Satake fell out of the tree I was freaking crying from laughter LOL.

Okay so we got some fan service, but it was still kept pretty clean throughout the episode. Also we got some pretty cool more interview things about Vampires and Dullahans.

Machi was about to go under water which was cool, and is also a huge fear of a Dullahan as well. I didn't really know much about Dullahans not being able to go near streams, that was a nice bit of folktale information.

The animation was really beautiful in this episode. When they had the moment of them splashing around I was thinking "Wow, they must have went in to get this kind of animation." Though the animation throughout the entire series was really well done.

This and Kobayashi are the only two shows of the Winter season that I would wait in anticipation for it to be released with subs.

Easily a 10/10 show in my opinion.