Sci-Fi Doctor Who

Discussion in 'Film & Television' started by bunnydemon326, Jun 2, 2016.

1. bunnydemon326

It had to be done. Someone was going to make this thread sooner or later so I thought I may as well go ahead and make it. This thread will be to discuss all things Doctor Who related. Please be mindful of "spoilers" and use the tags as necessary.

I'll admit I haven't watched much of the old series at all, but I absolutely fell in love with the new one. I'm sadly currently not up to date with it because Netfix stopped showing it and that was my only source to watch it.

StrawHats likes this.
  2. 4xdblack

4xdblack Accomplished Booty-Cop
    Silver Founder Plus

i love Doctor Who. The main thing that draws me in is that despite how dark the circumstances get sometimes, I am almost always left smiling. Very few shows do that now, because "dark and gritty" is so popular.

Anyways, when will the next season be airing?

3. Xaestalrasz

Xaestalrasz Splendiferous Wizardess
    Platinum Founder

Love it. Got a lot of merch. Saw the 50th in Imax.

@4xdblack , 2017. No season this year. :|

4. bunnydemon326

I only have 11th's sonic screwdriver and a keychain of 10th, but I hope to get more.

5. Shadow Fox

Shadow Fox Enemy of the State
    Gold Founder

I saw the last Christmas episode, but that is as far as I got. I don't know if there is new episodes since then. The thing I really don't like about Capaldi is his Sonic Specs. Those need to go away.

6. bunnydemon326

I believe that's farther than I got. I got to where
    the dinosaur spits out the T.A.R.D.I.S.

7. 4xdblack

4xdblack Accomplished Booty-Cop
    Silver Founder Plus

So, I know everyone loves David Tennant... But can we just take a moment and ponder on how well Peter Capaldi is playing the Doctor... You can tell that the writers are trying to appeal to a younger demographic, but I still think that Capaldi plays a great Doctor.

8. Yajuu_Kikuishi

Yajuu_Kikuishi Well-Known Member

Doctor Who is one of my fav shows and so far, Matt Smith has been my favourite portrayal. Peter Capaldi is doing a fine job though. I was disappointed in the most recent finale, however; or, rather, one particular aspect of it -
    The fact that they allowed Clara and Ashildr to run off into the distance in their own TARDIS that also had a broken chameleon circuit. It just screamed 'Doctor-Lite' at me and I hated it.

I'm so annoyed that there is no series this year though.

9. BlackJack

BlackJack Newbie
    Platinum Founder

I am really interested to see where Doctor Who goes over the next couple of years. The show itself has taken some interesting turns and with a new showrunner this next year, and a new Doctor most likely the year after that, we are going to be seeing a great deal of changes over the course of the next few seasons. For me Ashyldr was a bit of a breath of fresh air. She was a new character that was rather different than others and I think most fans quite appreciated that.
    Clara got a bit stale. I loved her really, but it got to the point where we as fans just stopped caring. There wasnt much to draw us in.

Capaldi has been fantastic though. An older actor was what that character needed really.

10. Novaire

Novaire Serial Editor
    Editor Contributor Gold Founder

I haven't watched any of the Capaldi series, I loved Matt Smith's, but I just haven't been terribly motivated to get around to it.

11. DEADWAVE

DEADWAVE Numb

Started watching Doctor Who when Christopher Eccleston joined, up until midway through Matt Smith's career as the doctor. Got to admit, there were plenty of times when I went on a massive hiatus, but that was mainly throughout the later episodes with Smith. IMO the eleventh doctor's story became way too complicated and ultimately lead to my lack of interest. Lol.

Anyway, David Tennant was great and I honestly thought he was the best doctor out of the three I watched. Eccleston at a close second. And Smith.. Well yeah he was alright but.. Yeah. Alright.

12. Thaliel

Thaliel Visitor

a wild whovian has appeared!
    I am eagerly awaiting season 10, a new companion will be a nice change. And it will be the last season for *throws up fist in anger* MOFFATT!!!

13. bunnydemon326

I really liked David Tennant's run on the show. I know, I know. He's the popular choice, but I can't help it. I really want to go back and re-watch his run as the Doctor, especially the two episodes
    when he became human.
    Those were my favorite.

14. Wind Adept

Wind Adept Senior Member

I love Doctor who! I'm currently halfway through Matt Smith's episodes. Though I'd like to agree with some of the other posters here that David Tennant played a fantastic Doctor. I've had a chance to check out the classic episodes too (mostly from the Tom Baker era) and I really enjoyed those too