Discussion Dragon Ball Super

Discussion in 'Anime' started by Neji195, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Neji195

Neji195 Not your average "Newbie"

Here is a discussion thread for the Dragon Ball Super viewers where you can share your thoughts/opinions on any and every season. What was your favourite season and why? What do you want to see happen?

Is anyone excited for the 'Dragon Ball Super: Broly' movie?

2. Shadow Fox

Shadow Fox Enemy of the State
    Gold Founder

Just saw the Dragonball Super Broly Movie! It was through a crappy Iphone camera with terrible audio visuals, half the sceeen was missing most of the time, it DID have subs, and a finger blocked an important epic part of the movie....and it was STILL the best Dragonball movie EVER!

3. GreenBird

GreenBird Pretentious Pansy
    Gold Founder

I recently saw the Broly movie. I thought it was good overall but I have 2 major problems
    First of all, Bardock. In the special he stood out as somewhat irredeemable, here he’s kind of boring. Plus since it’s his choice to send Goku off to another planet, it makes the leading hero’s origin story more like Superman’s.

Second was Vegeta. Yes he fought Broly, had some visually stunning transformations and the fusion dance segment was pretty funny. But Vegeta is in the same scene with a saiyan who knew his father, said character had legitimate beef with Vegeta’s father and neither of them share a single line of dialogue. They show up, Vegeta says “Kakarot, these be saiyans,” then Broly punches him and fighting commences, that's it. I just thought we’d get more character moments from Vegeta.

By far my favourite part of the movie is Paragus death. Some say it’s just a joke and while Frieza’s charade was pretty funny (and clever,) I liked how Paragus' end was similar to the way he killed the pilot. Axed off by a temporary ally as soon as their death can provide some sort of benefit. Cold, calculated, what he did and what he deserved.

4. Shi

Shi The Aspirer
    Staff Member Administrator Platinum Founder

I saw Dragon Ball Super: Broly in theaters and I'd argue that it's probably the best way to experience the movie. I'd even say that it's up there next to Boruto. Watching it on a smaller screen doesn't really do it justice.

@GreenBird
    There is a lot of contention around Bardock because he basically got retconned. His personality and motivations have been greatly altered and in a lot of ways, it kinda sucks that they did this because it changes Goku from a destroyer gone wrong story to a Superman origin story. There are some fixes that they did in regards to Bardock sending Goku off planet in that he is a warrior, he understands military tactics so he was able to figure out Frieza's end game. In the special, he got psychic abilities fighting fish people. That was stupid. Bardock's retcon is a mixed bag. Most people agree that his fix was for the better, but are disappointed that in the process, they retconned Goku too which alters Dragon Ball for the worst, creatively.

I also kind of wish that this movie was more about Vegeta and Broly. Goku really has nothing to do with this story.

5. Kaynil

Kaynil Senior Member

I am curious about the Broly movie but I don't think I'll have a chance to watch it in cinemas.

Dragon Ball Super was okay for what it was. It had some fun moments and it was pretty good at points. And surprising good calls back as far as Dragonball.

This is my absolute favourite:

So simple and easily missed.

6. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

For those interested:

Manga Entertainment will release Dragon Ball Super: Broly as a Blu-ray Steelbook on May 27. The company added, "More news coming soon on other Broly formats.

7. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

Funimation and Best Buy are listing an April 16 release date for a Blu-ray Disc, DVD, and Digital combo pack for the Broly film.