Thriller El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie

Discussion in 'Film & Television' started by Kuze, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

We back in business boys. It'll be streaming on Netflix on 11 October. Aaron Paul is returning as crystal meth cook Jesse Pinkman and it has been written by the show's creator, Vince Gilligan. No news if Bryan Cranston will be returning tho.

2. Oh Snape

Oh Snape House Bantsratheon
    Staff Member Moderator

If its set afters series then only way Walt appears is if he foes all Obi Wan Kenobi from original Star Wars.

Or Dexters dad.

3. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

I'm guessing more in the way of flashbacks and stuff.

4. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

More trailer:

5. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

More more trailer:

6. Oh Snape

Staff Member Moderator

Fantastic trailer. Unless they just showed all the good bits. In which case....BAD TRAILER! BAD TRAILER!

Looks like Jesse has to 'tie up' some loose ends to throw off feds and is involved with Cartel again. So will be mighty different to Better Call Saul. Wonder what other characters we'll see again?

Thank fack for skinny pete and Badger, shit would've been too dark.

7. Struggler

Struggler Sapient Meat
    Platinum Founder

Hopefully this will be the alarm clock to the snoozefest that is Better Call Saul.

Btw, theorizing about Walt being alive? That's a paddlin'. Let it go, people! I'm down for Cranston to be involved, as I loved Walter, but only for the sake of flashbacks cuz he ded.

8. Oh Snape

Staff Member Moderator

David Benioff and D. B. Weiss :- Lesse rush that bit, leave that bit out, introduce this guy and have him eat up screetime, make her go mad for the lulz aaaaaaand the cripple wins everyone. Now boys and girls, that's how you properly fuck up your legacy...

Vince Gilligan - Hold my tequila..........

9. Struggler

Struggler Sapient Meat
    Platinum Founder

Nah bruh, nah. I have infinitely more faith in Vince than D&D. Vince managed to expertly lead a show that had some of its climactic later episodes directed by RIAN JOHNSON, who is best known in recent years for playing a large part in destroying the Star Wars franchise with his unholy direction of The Last Jedi.

Vince made Rian Johnson look competent with his oversight and involvement.

D&D were demonstrably incapable of coming anywhere close to matching Martin's writing talent as far back as seasons 5-6 where the show originally departed the existing source material. The horrible ending was expected. Ol' Gilligan has yet to show any such incompetence -- the uneventful meanderings of most of Better Call Saul aside...lol

10. Oh Snape

Staff Member Moderator

They're doing it just so Jesse can have a happy ending. And that sweet sweet netlix monies. When everyone had just moved on. Could've just had him drop by Better Call Saul and let us know whats up. That show needs some excitement like a junkie needs a hit.

The trailer makes it look way better than I hoped for. The cinematography and music is all on point. Also....wouldn't even be mad if Tod/Meth Damon is alive......

11. Struggler

Struggler Sapient Meat
    Platinum Founder

I don't expect too much from it, since, as you say, it's just to primarily tell the story of what happened to Jesse after the end of the series, which I really don't care too much about. Jesse was a piece of shit rat, and his ending seemed adequate to me. We didn't need specifics. Jesse will forever continue to drift from one low-tier criminal activity to another, drowning in his mistakes and failures until he inevitably kills himself or is killed by someone else. Fuck em.

But everyone wants a more detailed, hopefully happy, ending for their beloved traitorous drug dealing murderer. Ugh.

12. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

I feel like Jesse will be killed like a stray dog at the end of this. One of his past deeds is gonna catch up to him. That would be decent closure as well.

13. Oh Snape

Staff Member Moderator

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

It was alright.

Still trying to figure out why they bothered though.

14. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

So an ending to the end. Sweet.