Sci-Fi Eureka Seven Hi-Evolution film trilogy

Discussion in 'Anime' started by Kuze, Jul 31, 2017.

1. Kuze

Kuze 『WANTED』
    Contributor

[​IMG]

So, the news has been out there for a while. Eureka Seven is getting a film trilogy from Studio BONES, titled Kōkyōshihen Eureka Seven Hi-Evolution (Psalms of Planets Eureka Seven Hi-Evolution).

That music hits all the right vibes.

Lowdown
    :

Ten years ago, the major earth-shaking “First Summer of Love” event occurred. Renton, who lost his father during the event, now attends the army school of the United Federation of Predgio Towers located in the border town of Bellforest. Because his late father is still praised, Renton feels something is lacking as he continues with his ordinary, boring days. Then one day, Nirvash, the world's oldest LFO, appears in front of him and a girl named Eureka emerges from the cockpit. This was the beginning of the future of humans and Scub Coral, another intelligent lifeform.

Was this encounter all just a coincidence? Or was it fate? Where will Renton and Eureka's journey end?

(via Bandai press release)

The first film will open in Japan on September 16, and will get a release this fall in the United States, the United Kingdom, France, Australia, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, and Thailand. Funimation is in charge of the North American release, and Madman Entertainment is in charge of the Australian and New Zealand release.

The next two films will open in 2018 and 2019, respectively.

Official Twitter page: here

2. Interest1ng

Interest1ng SC's AmbASSador.... MAWP!!!

So basically this is going to be another way the whole series could of gone down? Like Pocket Full of Rainbows wasn't enough mind-fuckery.

3. Oh Snape

Oh Snape House Bantsratheon
    Staff Advisory

So is this a re-imagining of the Eureka Seven anime? I enjoyed it. Kurasawa with giant robots whats not to like.

4. Kuze

Kuze 『WANTED』
    Contributor

Haven't seen Eureka Seven but from what I read, this trilogy will depict the very beginning of the series.

5. Interest1ng

Interest1ng SC's AmbASSador.... MAWP!!!

Of all the shit you watch.... you have not watched one of my Favorite series? SMH........

What isn't to like about Eureka 7 it has everything.... and the story is so compelling. If you just disregard E7: AO as a whole.

Oh Snape likes this.
  6. Kuze

Kuze 『WANTED』
    Contributor

Fam, mecha dramas have always been in the bottom of my priority list. But I remember watching it at some point when I was a kid. A couple of episodes maybe.

7. Kuze

Kuze 『WANTED』
    Contributor

A three-minute "special guide" video for the film trilogy was streamed that previews new scenes from the film, such as the First Summer of Love, as well as the music and other aspects of the film.

The first film had its special premiere debut at Otakon on August 12.

8. Kerberos

Kerberos genki moe blob
    Staff Member Moderator

It's a really bad sign when the footage from the original show looks miles better than that from the movie. I'd like to believe that this will be good but I'm pretty sure it won't be.

I'm hoping they'll mstly focus on the original stuff liek the first summer of love and not remake the show. The show still looks better than most anime nowadays and the story is timeless so it really doesn't need to be remade.

9. Kuze

Kuze 『WANTED』
    Contributor

The official anime music video for Glory Days has been streamed. It highlights scenes from the new anime film.

10. Kuze

Kuze 『WANTED』
    Contributor

A new music video for the upcoming first film was streamed by Bandai. It previews Hardfloor's insert song "Acperience7_eureka_mix."

Some of that good old house.

11. Kuze

Kuze 『WANTED』
    Contributor

FUNimation Entertainment has announced that it will release the first Eureka Seven: Hi - Evolution film in United States theaters on February 5 and 7. There will be screenings in Japanese with English subtitles and with an English dub.

Funimation Announcement: here

#11 Kuze, Dec 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
  12. Kuze

Kuze 『WANTED』
    Contributor

FUNimation Entertainment released an English-dubbed clip of the first Eureka Seven: Hi - Evolution film.

For screening locations and tickets in US: Click me

13. Kuze

Kuze 『WANTED』
    Contributor

The title, teaser trailer and debut date for the second film in the trilogy, titled Anemone: Kōkyōshihen Eureka Seven Hi-Evolution (Anemone: Eureka Seven: Hi - Evolution) was revealed. The film will open in Japan on November 10.

14. Kuze

Kuze 『WANTED』
    Contributor

A new trailer for the second film, previewing the theme song "There's No Ending" by Ruann, was streamed.

15. Kuze

Kuze 『WANTED』
    Contributor

FUNimation is planning to screen the second film in theaters in 2019.

16. Kuze

Kuze 『WANTED』
    Contributor

The anime music video for the 2nd film in the trilogy, previewing the theme song "There's No Ending" by Ruann, was streamed by the official channel.

17. Kuze

Kuze 『WANTED』
    Contributor

Eureka Seven: Hi-Evolution 2nd Film Theme Song Full- There's No Ending / RUANN