Favorite Character?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Psychotika, May 23, 2016.

1. Psychotika

Psychotika Newbie
    Platinum Founder

I'm currently at work and I'm waiting for 4:00 PM PDT so I can take a break and play! I can't contain myself right now, I might explode. So let's have a chat! Who is your favorite Overwatch character?

Honestly, I've played quite a few and I'm not sure if I can pinpoint one favorite character. I like blowing things up as Junkrat, making sentries with Symmetra, Pew-pewing things as Phara, and Freezing things with Mei! :D

KT Samurai likes this.
  2. KT Samurai

KT Samurai The Peacemaker
    Staff Member Administrator "Owner"

Roadhog. By far. Landing a hook/shot/melee is the most satisfying thing ever!

Psychotika likes this.
  3. Psychotika

Psychotika Newbie
    Platinum Founder

I got to play a bit of Roadhog during one of the weekly brawls where you were assigned a random character. ; -; I didn't land many hooks. KT 2 pro.

KT Samurai likes this.
  4. DnJ

DnJ Angel
    Gold Founder

I haven't had the chance to play the open beta, but if there are any kind of sniper character, I'll be sure to enjoy it.

5. Shikinami_

Shikinami_ Lean, Green, Meme Machine
    Gold Founder

Obligatory:
    "Heh, you guys don't know what true despair is, I main Reaper. He resonates with my body and soul, he's as edgy as the tips of fringed hair!"

But actually, Genji and Hanzo because of their Nippon Steel and also because I played like no one else in the beta, haha

6. Psychotika

Psychotika Newbie
    Platinum Founder

You'll probably like Widowmaker or Hanzo. Widow uses a snipe gun and Hanzo uses a bow and arrow.

7. DnJ

DnJ Angel
    Gold Founder

Oh yeah. Seen a little bit of gameplay of that guy. He looks awesome.

Psychotika likes this.
  8. Psychotika

Psychotika Newbie
    Platinum Founder

He's really fun to play. His Ult is deadly - even though you can hear him yell it before the dragons come your way. It's easy to get turned around and get eliminated by it.

Widowmaker's ult is more tactical, because it allows you to see the position of the enemy team, even if they are behind walls and whatnot.

9. B_Raiden_

B_Raiden_ Your local neighbourhood fedora flipping weeaboo

I dont play it but seen some videos on Symmetra who i think is rad

10. ALToxicity

ALToxicity The great and powerful Peridot

During the beta Dva was my favorite one to play. There's something so satisfying about launching an exploding mech suit into a crowd of people.

11. Novaire

Novaire Serial Editor
    Editor Contributor Gold Founder

I didn't get around to playing everyone during the beta. I did like Widowmaker, because grappling hooks are the coolest thing in the entirety of the universe, and if you disagree then you have no sense of childlike wonder. Bastion seemed pretty mental. I wish I had ended up trying out D.Va, she's got a pretty cool design.

12. Shadow Fox

Shadow Fox Enemy of the State
    Gold Founder

I only played it for a half an hour or so and played the characters a bit, but I really liked Tracer and Roadhog a lot.

#12 Shadow Fox, May 24, 2016
    Last edited: May 24, 2016
  13. GreenBird

GreenBird Pretentious Pansy
    Gold Founder

I like D'va mechanically, she seems more like a Tank/Attack hybrid than just a flat out tank as she's been heavily criticized for being 'too easy to take out.' Plus her Ult is extremely easy to dodge. But I still really like that she pops out of her Mech as a second life. She's the hero I really want to learn how to be good with.

But most of the time I play Mercy as nine times out of ten: no one else wants to play support. Getting a Mercy Play of the Game is so satisfying though. I sometimes just let a teammate die so I can pull off a better ult.

14. DamianWinters

DamianWinters Active Member

Haven't played the game and don't really play on doing it but Reaper looks cool.

15. DnJ

DnJ Angel
    Gold Founder

So...Yesterday I've played 5h-ish of Overwatch. Turns out Junkrat is the character I'm enjoying the most thus far.

16. Novaire

Novaire Serial Editor

I ended up picking the game up after all. I've been playing mostly Widowmaker, but I'm taking a liking to Reaper, cause he looks a bit like Udon's Taskmaster design, and Soldier 76.

I believe my Battle.Net tag is Novaire#1884 if anyone wants to play sometime.

17. Moe

Moe Fed to the Rancor

Mei is the best. Only played the beta but I really want to get the full game.

18. DnJ

DnJ Angel
    Gold Founder

I just did a bunch of game with Mei. Oh my lord is she fun to play.

19. Novaire

Novaire Serial Editor

I just got an absolutely dope Reaper ultimate on Temple of Anubis. Attacking side, I teleported onto a ledge and killed one of their players, which gave me all I needed for my 100%, and then dropped down and got a 5-Man Death Blossom, as the game pushed into overtime, and my team managed to win a game we were really taking a beating in. It was really sweet.

I had intended to upload it so folks could see it for themselves, rather than have to read it, but I closed the game before thinking about it, and as it turns out Blizzard has no function for saving anything once you've logged out. Sort of mind-boggling I must admit, I'm very surprised that it doesn't have any kind of replay functionality. I hope to see that implemented in the future, because, as is, that is pretty lame and kind of a huge bummer.

He has become easily my favorite character at this point.

#19 Novaire, May 28, 2016
    Last edited: May 28, 2016