Novel Fluaw Manhunter. The Blade of Legends

Discussion in 'Writer's Cafe' started by Ravok, Jan 23, 2018.

1. Ravok

Ravok ~Hoping he will get a reply soon

Hey everyone, Ravok here.

Today I am going to start writing again, a story i tried starting before but sadly only wrote his introduction. From today Im going to set a deadline, and want to write about 600 words a week minimum. This deadline I set so that I can eventually finish this small novel up. That being said, It would be lovely if you could help me :) By either giving me tips for the story, grammar corrections or just send me a message to get the page done on time.

Its going to take me some effort. But while Rise of the Protector has died slightly as I lost most of my motivation to write for that I start anew with a new (Old) character of mine. Fluaw Manhunter. The Wielder of the Man eating blade.

Anyway, I hope to hear from you when I actually start writing :)

~Ravok

2. Kuze

Kuze 『WANTED』
    Contributor

I'll try helping in any way possible. Good luck with your weekly quest. :)

3. Ravok

Ravok ~Hoping he will get a reply soon

Well, It took me two weeks but its at least better then nothing. Let my little story begin. Ofcourse if you have any feedback or corrections be sure to let me know :D. Or if you have some cool ideas for the story, be sure to tell me those aswell.

It was an early morning for Fluaw, there was training to be done and food to be found. He held a great sword in his hand looking down at the sharp edge of the blade. The Mastery he had with the blade was rare and only found in a couple of others, one of which was his master. He was lucky that he got to train under the wielder of a legendary blade, Gladius, The Blade of the Future and its wielder Zeth Moon Vigor. A Fighting style that only a few were able to perform. Wielding a two handed weapon in one hand, a fighting style that Zeth had to adapt to as his right arm was fused with Gladius, meaning he had to be able to wield it using just one arm. As Fluaw took a glance up from the blade towards the forest of flesh he let his thoughts wander off. “Trees of men. The trees that the earth does not allow to die.” His people did not dare to enter it. For who knows what horrors it may contain. The very first men that did enter died or came back exhausted, their minds twisted so far that they couldn’t even speak properly. Yet everyone in the village was drawn to it, so each year one of their own was send into the forest. With the hopes that one might finally find the so famed treasure within. It was his turn this year, a one way trip into a forest out to kill you. Yet he knew he would be chosen sooner or later, if he wasn't to be picked the village wasted much of their time and money to train him up like they did. It seemed that his village was this time determined to get the treasure it contained. Although Fluaw thought this was more an act of desperation then determination. The village started to earn less and less as time went on. They used to be the main supplier of food, cattle and any form of crops. But now with City of the Future around, nobody needs such basic supplies when they can get it for cheap there. They wanted to sell whatever was within so they could keep themselves alive. Invest in a new resource that they could make money from.

As a new dawn broke Fluaw was getting nervous. Even with all his training, he was facing what was certainly a swift end. But even so, he stepped towards the forest. There would be a ceremony later on to wish him well, but he didn't want any of it. He wanted it to be over with and not prolong the inevitable. His sword glimmered in the sun as he stopped to look at it. This was going to be it, he would be the village’s hope. He would have to do it as nobody else would or even could. His step was steady as he walked towards the edge of the village with his sword in hand. The closer it got, the more daunting it was. The trees were already following his every step and he wasn't even in the forest yet. It was... expecting him. After leaving the village walls far behind him he stood on the edge of what was the Forest of Flesh. The ground in front of him was a different shade then that of the ground he was standing on. It was dark with an almost purple tint to it, almost matching the colour of the trees. But with that quick observation, he knew he had no time left so he took his first step into the Forest of Flesh