News Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory (Spring 2018 )

Discussion in 'Anime' started by Kuze, Oct 22, 2016.

1. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

[​IMG]

A special stage for the Full Metal Panic! franchise at this year's "Fantasia Bunko Daikanshasai" event on Saturday revealed that the new Full Metal Panic! anime project is titled Full Metal Panic! IV. The new anime project is a television anime series that will premiere in fall 2017.

Katsuichi Nakayama (series director for planetarian, assistant director for Evangelion: 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo, Bodacious Space Pirates The Movie: Abyss of Hyperspace) is directing the series at studio XEBEC.

Full Metal Panic! original novel author Shoji Gatoh is handling the series composition and writing all the scripts.

Osamu Horiuchi (Full Metal Panic!, Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid) is the character designer and chief animation director, and Aya Yamamoto (animation director for My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU TOO!) is the sub-character designer.

Additionally, Takeshi Yoshioka (chief animation director for Classroom Crisis, Valkyrie Drive -Mermaid-) is the small arms designer and animation director, Kanetake Ebikawa (Full Metal Panic!, Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid) and Toshiaki Ihara (Full Metal Panic!, Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid) are the mechanical designers,

Takayuki Yanase (Ghost in the Shell Arise, Gundam 00 mechanical designer) is the set designer, and Masanori Nishii (Star Blazers 2199) is the mechanical director.

Further read: here

#1 Kuze, Oct 22, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
    ScaryHobo likes this.
  2. ScaryHobo

ScaryHobo Harem Master

I love Full Metal Panic! I'm so excited! I'm currently rewatching the second season - I absolutely love it.

Red_Dragon likes this.
  3. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

Fujimi Shobo's official website listing for its various light novel series no longer lists a fall release for the upcoming Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory television anime. The website had listed a fall 2017 release window at least as recently as April 14. The website removed the listing between then and April 30.

The official website for the anime itself also removed its "this fall" listing for the series sometime between February and April.

Source: ANN

Prolly delayed to a later date or an earlier date.

4. Red_Dragon

Red_Dragon Established Member
    Platinum Founder

Absolutely loved Full Metal Panic! Such an underrated series, if you haven't seen it watch it, it's a very charming show with a good story.

5. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

Author of the Full Metal Panic! light novel, Shoji Gatoh, revealed at the "Full Metal Panic! 15th Anniversary Panel" at Anime Expo that the Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory television anime series will premiere in spring 2018. A promo also featured which indicates that the light novel villain Kurama and Amalgam soldier Lee Fowler will debut in the anime.

6. ThisGuy

ThisGuy Kin of the Cosmos
    Platinum Founder

Robots, hamsters, and guns. What's not to like? This is one of those series I have all the DVD sets for but I hide them so my normal friends don't know I'm a weeb, and so my weeb friends don't know I enjoy bad anime.

Also best character/smuggest of faces coming through:

[​IMG]

7. Captain Picard

Captain Picard Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.
    Platinum Founder

8. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

New trailers for Invisible Victory were streamed.

9. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

A new pv is out featuring the song "Even … if" performed by Tamaru Yamada. The show is scheduled to premiere this spring.

10. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

2nd pv for the upcoming anime is being streamed. Gotta admit, the song kicks ass.

11. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

The anime is scheduled to premiere on April 13, as per the franchise's official website.