Action Garo: Vanishing Line

Discussion in 'New In Japan' started by Kuze, Sep 27, 2017.

1. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

That moment when Zaruba made his entrance and the music kicked in, my face melted in excitement.

[​IMG]

2. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

[​IMG]

Gina went full badass, whoa. The direction for the King realm fight all in black and white was superb. This has been fun to watch.

Final episode next week. One final fight to go.

@J4sm1n4

@Kerberos

Kerberos likes this.
  3. Kerberos

Kerberos genki moe blob
    Staff Member Moderator

Is Garo - Vanishing Line the epitome of badass?...Yes...Yes it is.

[​IMG]

Who said the hypermasculine , hyperviolent OVAs of the 90s aren't amde anymore? Liek holy shit!

The finale of Garo - Vanishing Line is turning out to be everything I was hoping for and more. You could really tell the people that made this show realized that this was the episode everything has been leading up to and they made it into something truly remarkable. With some of the best animation we'll see all year (I swear one of the action scenes was actually running at 60fps) and a truly sattisfying conclusion to all of the storylines while also paying tribute to the previous itterations of the franchise

Not to mention that fuckign awesome ED created just for this episode. There is one more episode to go but with all but one storyline resolved that I feel is more like the epilogue. And that's find because this climax was absolutely worth all the build up to it

Garo - Vanishing Line is doing the exact opposite of Kokkoku. Not just going out with a bang but with the biggest fucking bang you could ever imagine

This show was a debut work for a lot of the people involved (though they were backed by sveral vertaeran producers at Studio Mappa) and you can tell they were aware that this was their make or break show and set out to make the most epic and memorable installment in the Garo franchise they could imagine

And holy shit if they didn't succeed and then some

I'm already looking forward to what these guys are going to do next

4. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

Well we all knew it was about the biggest bang with this show.

Kerberos likes this.
  5. Kerberos

Kerberos genki moe blob
    Staff Member Moderator

True but I'm still impressed with how they came through for the finale. This show really stayed solid all the way to the end.

6. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

That ending scene was pure lel.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

@Kerberos

Good call fam. Looks like she really wants to be an Alchemist. I think Sophie getting the pendant was a big indicator down the line.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Really hope they do a movie/season 2 later on. Plus I might check out the first Garo anime as well

7. Kerberos

Kerberos genki moe blob
    Staff Member Moderator

I was actually hoping for her to become a Knight. But given that she'd been very interested in Gina and her path in the most recent episodes I'm not surprised she took the alchemist route. Still an awesome development and really makes me want to see another season. Hopefully Sophie is all grown up by then so I can finally add her to my list of waifus. I mean damn they even gave her a ponytail in the final episode. This show seems bent on making me out to be a pedophile. :p

I'm interested by the fact that we hear him speak with a really high squeeky voice. Reminded me strongly of Envy from FMA: Brotherhood and that's a really bad sign.

Personally I really didn't like the first Garo very much and ended up dropping it after three episodes. The late middle ages fantasy setting is cool and the story revolving around supernatural beings duking it out with an evil inquisition is interesting. But the whole premise of Garo really doesn't work in that setting and the CG in the first anime is god awful and really put me off. Plus the characters are about as interesting as a ag of bricks.

Garo - Vanishing Line is so far superior to the first anime it doesn't even feel like the same franchise. You just need to compare the first episode of both to see just how huge a difference in quality the two have. The first episode of garo - Vanishing Line is stylish, exhilirating, full of awesoem action sequences, cool character you want to learn more about and an instantly memorable soundtrack. The first episode of the first Garo is...not much different from your generic fantasy anime but with awful CG thrown in.

You can always check out the first show and you might like it more than I did but set your expectations sufficiently low because if you expect something on the same level as this you'll be very sorely dissapointed. I can pretty much guarantee you that.[/QUOTE]

8. Griffmeister

Griffmeister What the hell are you staring at?
    Gold Founder

Could Sophie really become a Knight anyway? I thought that they were more than mere mortals to begin with. Nothing wrong with alchemy anyhow, besides, she has the jewel pendant which should be good for starters. That and she was able to "sense" things even after the "rain".

9. Kerberos

Kerberos genki moe blob
    Staff Member Moderator

Nope anybody can become a Knight according to offical Garo lore. (I read up on the franchise's lore for an RPG I'm planning that takes place in the world of Vanishing Line)

That being said she might become a knight afterwards

Just like Luke did

10. J4sm1n4

J4sm1n4 The Queen of Hell and Heaven
    Contributor

Yeah Garo vanishing line was amazing! But im still loving first Garo better. I want to watch sophie become a makai alchemist and then golden knight!

11. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

Yes, Sophie landing some of those hard punches on a gang of horrors while buildings topple over all around as an after-effect. I would like to see that.

12. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

This is how you end a thread. The entire OST is outstandingly creative, I gotta admit, and it's got a lot of stuff on the heavy side which is an obvious plus for me. OST is currently out, by the way.

/thread