News Ghost in the Shell The Movie Virtual Reality Diver

Discussion in 'Anime' started by Kuze, Nov 1, 2016.

1. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

[​IMG]

Prduction I.G announced the English dub cast for its Ghost in the Shell The Movie Virtual Reality Diver VR exhibit on Tuesday. The company additionally announced that a worldwide release date will be announced soon.

Maxwell, Sabat, and Saxton are reprising their roles from Ghost in the Shell Arise and Ghost In The Shell: The New Movie.

Background
    :

The 15-minute work offers an original story in immersive 360° 3D video, which can be seen with a VR headset. Production I.G's official English website for the experience states that the company is releasing the experience as an app on Google Play and the iTunes Store in "late summer 2016." The full version for Google Play and iTunes is priced at 480 yen (about US$4.70). Production I.G also plans to release the experience for Sony PlayStation VR and other Sony high-end VR units.

Production I.G previously streamed two teaser videos for the project in November. The first teaser shows a 2D video, while the second teaser is longer, and is shown in stereoscopic 3D with adjustable 360° point-of-view for those with the necessary hardware such as Google Cardboard.

Ghost in the Shell The Movie Virtual Reality Diver is part of Production I.G's new project titled "SIGN."

Synopsis:

Production I.G describes the experience's story:

"To end the war and protect my wife, I must delete you all…"
    Japan, 2025. Technology has been advancing more and more rapidly.

"Brain cyberization" that makes possible direct connections to information networks via the brain, the technology of "prosthetic bodies" that allows humans to change their body parts into cybernetical ones; in this world where such scientific advances have become common, a bombing attack threat is sent to the Japanese government.
    The target is an international meeting involving dignitaries from the Republic of Kuzan. The case is entrusted to the Ministry of Home Affairs' Public Security Section 9.

Section 9's leader, the full-cyborg Motoko Kusanagi, assembles her team and heads off to trap and eliminate the terrorist.

Further read: here
    Source: here

Oh Snape likes this.
  2. Oh Snape

Oh Snape House Bantsratheon
    Staff Member Moderator

Cool, I shall view this at a friends. Probably have to take back calling the headset ok but a bit pointless remark.

3. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

Production I.G published its Ghost in the Shell The Movie Virtual Reality Diver VR exhibit for iOS and Android devices in Japanese on Friday.

The app is free to download but the video in the app costs US$3.99. A smartphone-compatible VR headset is required to view the app's video content.