Sci-Fi Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Kaikou (The Legend of the Galactic Heroes)

Discussion in 'New In Japan' started by Tonto-banchou, Apr 6, 2018.

1. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

Glad to have you aboard :) yes the original is very long. So any condensing is good.

2. Kuze

Kuze 『WANTED』
    Contributor

Yeah as long as they don't brush key events under the rug.

yoda313 likes this.
  3. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

The latest episode was excellent. Whatever steps they are using to condense series is working. It does seem a tad fast but i dont think they are glossing over anything critical. I wish i knew when i watched the original. I also cant remember if i actually started the middle part of the three part series or not.

4. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

I guess its taking a break? After ep 12 crunchyroll says its reached the end of the series for now.

I still think this is way too vast a cast for the average viewer to get. I mean im probably not an average anime viewer but im not sure who would totally get all of this. Its just too damn much info.

I mean in the end you get the basics of the strategies but damn how do you comprehend 15000 ships on each side????, i mean were there even 15000 ships in all of world war 2 if you combine air and navy of all participating countries? If there were maybe for the whole length of the war.

I know this is galactic so its supposed to be big and enormous. Its just so hard conceptually to scale it down to something like d day or one of the blitzkrieg attacks.

I do want to watch more and i like it its just tough when you compare it to something like star trek or star wars.

5. Kuze

Kuze 『WANTED』
    Contributor

Finally got round to finishing it. Next season's Amritsar battle is gonna be epic. But I'm not sure if I'll tune in whenever that comes out. As interesting it has been on a short scale, it get's way too "much of the same thing and some smart diplomacy added in for good measure" kinda thing for me which becomes a bit tiring to follow.

6. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

Then dont check out the full original :D

7. Kuze

Kuze 『WANTED』
    Contributor

I wasn't meaning to anyway. Space operas aren't even my thing.

8. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

Well you tried something different so from time to time thats good.