Fantasy Goblin Slayer

Discussion in 'New In Japan' started by Kuze, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Griffmeister

Griffmeister What the hell are you staring at?
    Gold Founder

There's more to his background story that we just don't know yet.
    I am surprised that we've seen as much as we have without armor, in the beginning it was like Al in FMA.

2. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

Sorry haven't caught up till now.

Theyve done a really good job of doling out his story. They haven't been heavy handed or too thin. This lastest episode shows his character growth too.

3. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

Wow nicely done! I forgot how much i like the music! Good guitar too mixed in with the orchestra and choir.

its weird i dont feel cheated not seeing his face. It was almost more satisfying thst the gang got to see it. And he wants to be an adventurer!!! Cool! And love the last bit:

GOBLIN SLAYER WILL RETURN :d

This series surprised me. I thought it was going to be really rough and tough with that opening episode. Sure it was graphic but in a john wick way after that start. And even though goblin slayer is maddeningly unforthcoming that makes his few statements all the more meaningful.

If you can get past the brutal start this is a worthy series. There is true character growth for all parties. Very well done!

4. Karnage

Karnage Active Member
    Platinum Founder

I'm still caught off guard from the first episode lol. Thought this show was going to be a generic go happy adventure anime. Nope Goblins tearing handfuls of ass in the first 10 minutes.

5. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

Well it isn't for everyone. But you are rewarded by going through the journey.

6. tripplej

tripplej Well-Known Member

I enjoyed the series. Very well done.

7. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

I know its weird that you figured it would be some mindless light hearted romp but it really surprised. The fact that it held the backstory as long as it did was pretty amazing.

tripplej likes this.