Sci-Fi Godzilla Anime Film trilogy

Discussion in 'Anime' started by Kuze, Jan 20, 2017.

1. tripplej

tripplej Well-Known Member

I will check it out. Looks good.

2. Kuze

Kuze 『WANTED』
    Contributor

A new trailer for the upcoming film has been streamed. The video previews the film's battles between Godzilla and humanity, as well as the theme song "White Out" by singer XAI. Boom Boom Satellites bassist Masayuki Nakano is producing the song.

3. Kerberos

Kerberos genki moe blob
    Staff Member Moderator

I have exactly three words for this:

HOLY SHIT YES!!!!

This movie is looking GOOODDDDD!!!

4. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

Finally saw it.

Looks like it will be macross meets gits meets godzilla. The gits reference is to that spider walker robot. Definitely will watch it :)

5. Kuze

Kuze 『WANTED』
    Contributor

TOHO began streaming two new television commercials for the upcoming film.

6. Matemar

Matemar The Crow

It's CGI... :cry::cry::cry::cry:

7. Kerberos

Kerberos genki moe blob
    Staff Member Moderator

Whoa! Hold your horses there tiger (I know that sentence makes no sense, going with it anyway) yes it's CGI but it's GOOD CGI. The Studio handling this production is Polygon Pictures who previously produced anime such as Knights of Sidonia, Ajin and the new Blame! movie. All of which looked teriffic with each new entry looking better then the last. They are currently the only studio in the industry that can make CG anime that looks on par and at times better than 2D animated anime. I'd much rather have a top CG studio like Polygon Pictures than a midling traditional studio like Lerche working on something like this. Polygon Pictures has a proven record of high quality productions so yeah...the big guy is in good hands.

8. Matemar

Matemar The Crow

I have no counter-arguments to use against you besides screaming "It's CGI!" like a broken record.

:whistle:

Kerberos likes this.
  9. Kuze

Kuze 『WANTED』
    Contributor

Early hype for the 2nd film in the trilogy series has already begun. The official website has revealed a new visual, title, and May 2018 opening for the second film. The second film is titled Godzilla: Kessen Kidō Zōshoku Toshi (Godzilla: The City Mechanized for the Final Battle). The visual teases Mechagodzilla, the ultimate anti-Godzilla weapon secretly developed by humans in previous Godzilla films.

[​IMG]

10. Kuze

Kuze 『WANTED』
    Contributor

Here's the new PV for the film streamed by TOHO. Don't know why ruddy Netflix hasn't announced any streaming date for it. End of the year is here.

11. Kuze

Kuze 『WANTED』
    Contributor

Netflix has effin finally announced on that it will stream the film in 190 countries starting on January 17. The film will be available in Japanese and seven other dubbed languages, and in 23 subtitled languages.

12. Oh Snape

Oh Snape House Bantsratheon
    Staff Advisory

Fucking finally.

13. Enies

Enies Established Member

this movie was very meh. but it could be cuz i dont care much about the concept behind godzilla at all.

14. Kerberos

Kerberos genki moe blob
    Staff Member Moderator

Not really, I was also expecting more and I do care abut the concept behind Godzilla. This movie looked very pretty and had great action but was very thin on the story and characters front. Here's hoping Godzilla 2 will be better.

15. Kuze

Kuze 『WANTED』
    Contributor

Concept art for the 2nd film was released. Titled "Godzilla: The City Mechanized for the Final Battle", it's scheduled to open on May 18 in Japan.

Concept Art:

[​IMG]

16. Kuze

Kuze 『WANTED』
    Contributor

A new trailer for the second film in the trilogy, Godzilla: Kessen Kidō Zōshoku Toshi (Godzilla: City on the Edge of Battle) was streamed. The video preview's XAI's theme song "The Sky Falls."

17. käwäii

käwäii Active Member
    Bronze Founder

Having seen both films, really liking them so far. I'd say that the story is wonky, not a strong point of these movies, although I liked the premise very much. Animation could be a bit better, action scenes looked good, but if there isn't any action then the quality is less good. Those scenes feel somewhat bland. Even though there are faults in these movies I can't deny how enjoyable they felt. And I was really surprised this would be a three-part movie. After watching the first one I looked it up. Where do they get the money? :D 'cause I'm pretty sure that making a trilogy-movie takes quite a lot of cash.... so it sounds risky.

18. Kuze

Kuze 『WANTED』
    Contributor

The official website unveiled a series of screenshots for the final film in the trilogy, titled Godzilla: The Planet Eater.

The lowdown of the film was also updated:

"20,000 years into the future, the Earth is ruled by Godzilla. Pitted against him are the straggling remnants of the human race. The final chapter, GODZILLA:The Planet Eater, finds the Mechagodzilla city, the peak of scientific evolution and mankind's best hope, burned to cinders. Godzilla Earth reigns supreme but he has one more challenge: the winged creature, KING GHIDORAH."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Kuze

Kuze 『WANTED』
    Contributor

The first trailer for the final film in the trilogy series was streamed. The trailer previews XAI's theme song "live and die."

20. käwäii

käwäii Active Member
    Bronze Founder

Oh yess. Hope It'll be at least as good as the first two.