Granbelm

Discussion in 'New In Japan' started by yoda313, Jul 22, 2019.

1. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

https://www.crunchyroll.com/granbelm

Ive watched the first three and i like it. Its different. Its not just a magical girl anime nor a mech anime. And the main characters are pretty complex so its interesting.

2. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

I like this one. The character development is really good. Funny thing is the high class gal looks an awful lot like aki-lucky from wixoss.

3. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

Granbelm ED Full「Negai」by Uru

4. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

This got serious! Its not quite madoka magica yet in terms of heart wrenching or what not. But man its strong!!

5. Griffmeister

Griffmeister What the hell are you staring at?
    Gold Founder

Okay okay, I had to watch the first ep to see what this is all about. There seem to be a bunch of angry elitists here, at least to start with. I am left with one burning question, are pickled prunes really an item?

6. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

No clue :D

I do like that its not a typical magical girl series. Combining mech and magical girl is brilliant! What i like is they are actually giving a lot of background but not in a heavy handed way.

7. Griffmeister

Griffmeister What the hell are you staring at?
    Gold Founder

Not heavy handed on the background stuff? It’s more like pulling teeth, all the secrets are let out one tiny bit at a time. On top of that it’s a super secret society where you need to forget who you are to avoid persecution. Okay, it will all be figured out in the end, right?

Guess I’ll never know about the pickled prunes, maybe something got lost in translation. Reminds me of Log Horizon where everyone’s favorite treat was a red bean bun. In my mind all I could think of were kidney beans baked into a bun which sounds disgusting. Probably just another translation error.

8. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

I was at a Japanese cultural event at a museum this year and had some version of a bean thing. It was basically a pancake with a paste of the mix on top of it. It was very sweet and quite good. It wasnt like boston baked beans or anything like ones youd have at a bbq.