Action Hand Shakers

Discussion in 'Anime' started by Kuze, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

[​IMG]

Lowdown
    :

(Source: ANN)

Trailers:

Air Date
    : Check here

Official Site: here

Twitter: here

2. Shanigami

Shanigami Actually a Ghost
    Gold Founder

Oh god that CG. It's so bad :sick:. I was expecting this show to be pretty bad based off of how edgy the synopsis sounded, but I didn't think it'd be this bad. The story jumped around a lot for no reason (other than to try to hook you with a "dramatic" fight scene), the main character is basically Emiya Shirou (from fate/series) and just fixes literally anything for anyone who asks him, his weapon is a bunch of magic gears that turn into a sword (because that's edgy) while he runs around holding his bland waifu's hand, and despite not knowing what's going on at all or how to use his power, he's able to easily beat an enemy with actual combat experience and a seemingly endless supply of nasty CG chains (seriously, that guy should have been able to easily win).

The only thing I actually enjoyed in this first episode (other than the end) was the magical background-thing with the fish that shows up on walls randomly, that was kind of pretty I guess.

After all this, you would think I would drop this show immediately, but no, I have to watch episode 2 just to see if it can possibly be any worse than episode 1.

3. Narilka

Narilka Destroyer of Worlds
    Staff Member Moderator Platinum Founder

I wish I had read your response before I watched it @Shanigami I am sure I would not have watched it. I liked the colors chosen for the anime, but the camera angles were really odd and off putting at times. The weird BDSM antagonist couple that attack the MC Emiya was for what reason exactly? I have no idea why and I do not want to rewatch it to find out what I missed. The random goldfish swimming on the walls was different no idea what it means, but made me sad since it reminded me of my fish that just died.

Shanigami likes this.
  4. J4sm1n4

J4sm1n4 The Queen of Hell and Heaven
    Contributor

The anime name is weird, but I really like the artstyle. The story not so far yet.

5. Moe

Moe Fed to the Rancor

Two words, cluster f*ck animation style...I'm not continuing this one it has all but no plot and the main character feels stupid.

6. Shanigami

Gold Founder

Don't worry, they didn't explain it. Most likely it's the same generic reason as other similar shonen shows (since this show has nothing original going for it). You have to beat all the other people/players and/or take something from them so you can have your wish granted.

Edit: checked the synopsis, it confirmed my theory.
    :sick:

Moe likes this.
  7. Shanigami

Gold Founder

Well, surprisingly episode 2 was not as bad as episode 1, but they did set the bar pretty low, so that's not saying much.

Regardless, it's still a pretty bad show imo, so I'm dropping it.

Remember kids, just say no.