Fantasy Harry Potter and the Cursed Child

Discussion in 'Books, Comics & Graphic Novels' started by Kyuu, Aug 20, 2016.

1. Kyuu

Kyuu Newbie

[​IMG]

Has anyone read the book yet, any opinions?
    I got the book a few days ago for collecting. I'm a hoarder, what do you want :lol:

I have heard that it is not nearly as good as the others...but I will still read it, just saving it for a rainy day. [​IMG]

2. Shanigami

Shanigami Actually a Ghost
    Gold Founder

My family got it not to long ago. We sit around after dinner and my sister reads it aloud for us, which is good because I'd probably never get around to reading it myself lol.

Idk about it not being as good as other HP books, it's just that it's written in a different style, like a manuscript for a play. So far it's been jumping around a lot with the plot moving quickly, which is hard to follow sometimes, and has a lot less detail than the original books, which I dislike. I wouldn't say it's a bad story so far, although it is one that has been done many times in other books.

3. Fantasy

Fantasy The Saint of SC
    Staff Advisory

what is this? I read all HP books but recently i didnt track JK Rowling

4. Kuze

Kuze 『WANTED』
    Contributor

Its basically a play script.

Fantasy likes this.
  5. Fantasy

Fantasy The Saint of SC
    Staff Advisory

Does it include Harry and Hermoine together??? if not i am not reading it >_>

6. Mr. Mister

Mr. Mister The Mangled One

I am uncertain on it. It has all the potential to be great, but I don't know if it will live up to the hype and fill the shoes that the Harry Potter series left behind. Maybe it will, I couldn't say.

7. Kuze

Kuze 『WANTED』
    Contributor

Hmm, why does that sound so mischievous, I wonder? I have no idea. You'll have to read up the summary to find out.

8. Oh Snape

Oh Snape House Bantsratheon
    Staff Advisory

Most of the books were complete wank and this is meant to be shit from what I heard.

Totally reading it though. For once its not gonna be the defense against the dark arts teacher. Yeah, it probably is isn't it?

9. J4sm1n4

J4sm1n4 The Queen of Hell and Heaven
    Contributor

I will wait for the movie

10. Narilka

Narilka Destroyer of Worlds
    Staff Member Moderator Platinum Founder

This was one series I never read, but I have all the books on CD. And the reader Jim Dale, I felt, was very entertaining to listen to. I am not sure if I will read it.

11. Shannon Apple

Shannon Apple Sour Apple
    Staff Member Administrator

A movie might be a long time coming. It was written as a stage play I believe. Making a movie won't happen til ticket sales drop. Didn't know there was a book.

12. JennyorAlice

JennyorAlice New Member

I got my copy the minute this was released. It is actually the manuscript for the play that is going on in London right now, so this will read like a play rather than like a normal book. There are some differences in this story from the main series that ended in 2007 but that is due in part to the story lines going on. I did like the story but I hear some people don't like this for some reason. But everyone is entitled to their own opinion.