Hazbin Hotel

Discussion in 'Western Animation' started by Mr. Mister, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Mr. Mister

Mr. Mister Is Breaking Down

While the release date is not yet set, it is estimated this series will be coming out around April. Will you be watching it when it is released? Initial thoughts?

2. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

Seems like a decent kids show with lotta quirky and some mature themes here and there. Not gonna watch but still looks fun. Who's bankrolling this or is it an independent project?

3. Mr. Mister

Independently financed. That is why it has been in development for at least four years now. But it has received enough funding during that time to actually get a series complete.

Oh Snape likes this.
  4. Oh Snape

Oh Snape House Bantsratheon
    Staff Member Moderator

Fine, I'll watch it.

5. Matemar

Matemar The Crow

Looks interesting enough.

6. Mr. Mister

A new teaser of the first episode was just released. Shows the discrepancy between Charlie's vision and the reality of where she finds herself.
    Was a bit surprised at the Jeffrey Dahmer appearance.

Shannon Apple likes this.
  7. ThisGuy

ThisGuy Kin of the Cosmos
    Platinum Founder

Teaser made me much more interested in this than the official trailer.

8. Mr. Mister

I suspect you're not the only one who thinks this. To me, the official trailer didn't really entice people as it could have or should have. But the teasers the artist is releasing is drawing more and more people in. Makes me excited for the final product.

9. Shannon Apple

Shannon Apple Sour Apple
    Staff Member Administrator

I agree. The teaser looks a lot more fun. I am really digging the art style on this, so might give it a try when it comes out.

10. Mr. Mister

The series has been given an official release date of October 2019. So this show will be out in time for Halloween. In the meantime, here are some more released clips.

11. WubbaLubbaDubDub

WubbaLubbaDubDub Well-Known Member
    Contributor Gold Founder

Humm this actually looks really fun! Gonna give it a try for sure. Thank you for sharing!

12. Mr. Mister

The Hazbin Hotel is live!
    The pilot was dropped this morning and it is finally available for viewing. Enjoy!

Oh Snape likes this.
  13. Oh Snape

Staff Member Moderator

Thanks for link fam.

Free is good but highly doubt it'll be good enough for me to give any money to youtube lol.

14. Oh Snape

Staff Member Moderator

Loved the animation and voice acting. Premise has potential.

Couldn't get through the episode. Jokes are weak and juvenile that occasionally hit but its mostly miss. And the musical bits get annoying quick. Super quick.

Dunno, if they can get some decent writers they could pull it out the fire but yeah.

15. Shadow Fox

Shadow Fox Enemy of the State
    Gold Founder

This is 100% not a children show. Any parent who lets their kids under 16 watch this is irresponsible. It has very adult themes and language. Not something you want kids to listen too. Anyway-
    This is without a doubt my new favorite show right now. Hope there will be many seasons of this in the future. The musical parts are funny and amazing, the humor ranges from hilarious to low-brow simple but amusing. The drama is well written and the characters, at least our main female lead is deep, charming and exactly what I like to see in female characters which is anything but being a Mary Sue which she is anything but that. Finally, the "villain" or rather the allied antagonist of the series the radio demon is one of the best characters I have seen in a while. If they get good writers to add more layers of sinister depth to him and keep his humor dark and fresh enough, than he might become one of the best characters in animation,ever. Love pretty much everything about this series so far.

#15 Shadow Fox, Oct 30, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
  16. Mr. Mister

I thoughts the jokes worked. Not all were perfect, but most were good, especially anything involving Angel Dust. And Charlie's musical numbers had moments, but I absolutely loved Alastor's musical number. It just worked with him. I have been following this show's development for over two years now. I think it came out quite well considering what it looked like in it's early formative years. I would give it another chance. Maybe skip the musical numbers if they bother you. I will admit, I did that myself simply because I have never had much love for musicals. But I went back and watched it again without skipping and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Alastor was absolutely fantastic, I agree. People were nervous that what little was shown of him before the pilot would have him being too edgy and dark. But what he became was a perfect blend of threatening while being darkly charming. For now, it's just a matter of the series getting picked up to be produced. The creator, Vivienne Medrano, already has the series planned out, but is hoping to get a studio to pick it up to help with the costs associated. I heard rumors that a studio is interested, but nothing definitive has come out yet. Well, one can hope.

By the way, I have an extremely limited edition shirt and hat for the Hazbin Hotel. Purchased it directly from the creator in the small time frame they allowed for orders to placed. I am so glad I did because I wear both constantly.

[​IMG]

Shadow Fox likes this.
  17. Shadow Fox

Shadow Fox Enemy of the State
    Gold Founder

I bet its just a matter of time before fan created shirts start appearing on sketchy websites. I REALLY want a full Art T.Shirt of this image. [​IMG]

If that background behind him was wrapped around a shirt somehow and had this that was blended right into the shirt-OMG I would be like...ALL over that. Especially if that fire and burning souls thing in the center was like, I dunno, Spread around the bottom of the shirt around the whole thing too. AW...would be...SO cool!

Anyway, This is absolutely right up CN's Alley. If anyone picks them up than My money would be on them doing it. Their Adult Swim at night would be great for this. Actually, now that I think about it...naw...HBO...Abso-fucking-lute-ly. HBO needs to pick this up. They don't give two shits about language or adult themes. FFS, they gave us OZ and Bill Maher.

18. Oh Snape

Staff Member Moderator

Its the pilot so hopefully they add a few dimensions to the characters and tone down or drop the musical aspect. Comes across as an inferior version of Super Jail.

The merch you posted is awesome tho as is the design aesthetic of show in general.

19. Mr. Mister

Vivienne also released another pilot for a show called Helluva Boss, taking place alongside Hazbin Hotel, involving it's own, unique characters.

Shadow Fox likes this.