Hello A4

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Seshi, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Seshi

Seshi Newbie

Been a while... stumbled upon you guys new place today.. looking for somewhere worthwhile to spend time discussing anime, just getting back into watching a bit and I remember how active the old forums were.

I love Shounen Anime... So bear with me and be gentle to my simple nature

My friends on the old forums used to call me Mai, but now I will go by Seshi, as tribute to my love of Seshoumaru

Nice to meet y'all.

2. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

Sesshomaru from Inuyasha? Nice. The main reason I watched a 160+ episodes of it.

Welcome aboard. Hope you have a great time with the discussions and all. See you about.

Seshi likes this.
  3. Shannon Apple

Shannon Apple Sour Apple
    Staff Member Administrator

"Mai," that rings a bell but I can't quite put a finger on it. Was it a longer username shortened to Mai?

It's good to see more A4 members finding their way back. ^^

4. Seshi

Seshi Newbie

I haven't been active on there since 2008, so I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't ring a bell

Don't be too upset with me for this, I was Mai_hateshiganai_almateria at the time.

Sooo much seems to have happened since then, the whole website is gone

how long has it been like this?

5. Shannon Apple

Shannon Apple Sour Apple

Ah, I do remember! Haha! No worries, you were young. You know, we have some ladies here who have also been on the forums since they were quite young and laugh at their former selves and the headaches they gave to staff. All part of growing up. XD.

Knuckles10, A4's owner sold it to a pair of morons from Columbia who had no idea how to run a website. Myself and wastaz tried to help them, but it was a hopeless cause. They put the site on servers that couldn't run it so it was down for months at a time. In the end, we agreed to start this site and set up an indiegogo for donations, but obviously we were a little reluctant to let go of A4 at first. We thought we could get them to understand that the users were important, but they said "Let them leave, more will join." It was just insane. I could write a novel on all the stupid crap those two did. =(

So, here we are. This forum has been up and running since May 2016.

6. Seshi

Seshi Newbie

Sounds like a real series of unfortunate events. Thanks for explaining that, I'll bet you could write a novel

And yes, I think I was 13 when I joined the old forum, sooo young & dumb Don't hold it against me, I'm more likely to be useful now.

Shannon Apple likes this.
  7. Aeon

Aeon Senior Member

Welcome. I don't think I remember you. I think I left in 2005 or something. Other people with better memory will confirm.

But ehm, I didn't know that you needed to be useful for anything to discuss anime or anything. Have we all been doing it wrong? Or perhaps only me.

8. Seshi

Seshi Newbie

I. Elei
    It is only my personal belief that if you exist you should be useful. Also sharing content related to a forum you join can be useful, no? But you also have a point there. What was your name on A4? I joined in 03.

9. Shannon Apple

Shannon Apple Sour Apple

I was sure you joined in 08, around the time I became a moderator. I could be wrong though. XD.

@Aeon: You were definitely around longer than that. =) I joined A4 in 2006. I didn't really become fully active until 2008 and became a mod that same year. I do recall you being on the staff advisory for a while when I was a mod. ^^

10. Seshi

Seshi Newbie

Nope
    I thought I joined in 8th grade, but now you've erased my memories! Hahaha jk that was already done

11. Shannon Apple

Shannon Apple Sour Apple

You know, regardless of how old you were, you weren't the worst, so don't feel ashamed about it. Young Mai was very annoying, but that was about it. There were a group of three or four 16-year-olds around that time and they caused sooooo much drama. I swear to God, anything you did was peaches. They know who they are and we've had some laughs with them about how bad they were. XD.

When I joined A4, I was too old for that stuff. Considering I am now in my 30s, I was around 23 at the time. A4 didn't have to deal with drama caused by me, but can't say the same for 17 year old me elsewhere. I never caused any big headaches, but I was probably kinda annoying. lol.

Seshi likes this.
  12. Aeon

Aeon Senior Member

Then Maybe I joined in 2005 and left in 2008? I was in Staff Advisory? Hm, don't really remember that. Oh wait I did have access to a specific part of the forums... I guess you're right. Dang.

My name there was AeonsLegend.

13. Narilka

Narilka Destroyer of Worlds
    Staff Member Moderator Platinum Founder

Inuyasha has always been one of my favorite anime’s. So many loves and intense eyes. Welcome to the forums!

Seshi likes this.