Hi :o)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by phatcows, Jun 19, 2018.

1. phatcows

phatcows Newbie

I stumbled over this forum.
    From what I have read thus far, it's a nice community and I'll stick around.

I'm more of a gamer than an anime/manga kind of guy, but I don't play very competitively.
    I did play PUBG for several months but haven't played it in several more! I have been enjoying Fortnite, but also Far Cry 5.

I've had the same nick for about 22 years, which shows my age a bit, although there are plenty of 'phatcowses' that are not me these days.

2. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

Welcome aboard mate. Hope to see you in the discussions lots.

phatcows likes this.
  3. JoJo

JoJo Well-Known Member
    Gold Founder

hello you phatcows you!

Welcome to SC! Hope to see you around!

SN: I also have a copy of Far Cry 5 on PS4, today's my first day off...this year now I think about it. I may pick it up again, only played it the day it came out.

phatcows likes this.
  4. phatcows

phatcows Newbie

It's...Interesting. I mean at its heart it is a common Far Cry game, and if you have played one Far Cry or more and enjoyed it, this is all that and better. Very polished.

If you have no religious affinity, or no care for religion in general, the story will not mean much.
    But if you care for religion, or are a nutso like me, where I was raised as a Quaker in Australia, debated the positive and negatives of religion (sober and...not so sober) with my male atheist bff for many years, and then married a woman whose parents are evangelists (married 8 years and counting), THEN the story is interesting :D

5. Shannon Apple

Shannon Apple Sour Apple
    Staff Member Administrator

Welcome!

You'll fit right in here. The forum is new, but the community is pretty old (16 years :eek:), meaning that a lot of it's members are... not so young. Hehe! Many who started out as anime fans have grown out of anime.

We have a some various gaming groups that you're welcome to join. Stickied threads in the Video games section.

I only play on Steam myself at the moment. Currenly playing The Talos Principle. Got it on sale. It's an interesting little puzzle game where you're a futuristic robot and you have to go through different areas solving puzzles to get pieces to unlock new things. Reminds me a little of the Crystal Maze in some ways. Also playing some of the DLCs for Dungeons 2 after completing the main game. Hilarious game. Instead of playing the good guys, you play the bad guys. The narrator is so funny, plucking references from several different fantasy novels, especially Game of Thrones and Lord of the Rings. He's also pretty sarcastic and will berate you for doing things wrong.

phatcows likes this.
  6. Pinky The Blue Flamingo

Pinky The Blue Flamingo Too old for this shit
    Staff Advisory Editor-in-Chief Gold Founder

Hey welcome! Nice to have some older members. I play online survival games and kids tire me the fuck out.
    Also ive had my SN for about 16 years now (holy fuck) but Ive never met another blue flamingo lol

Again welcome, hope you enjoy the forum =)

phatcows likes this.
  7. Interest1ng

Interest1ng SC's AmbASSador.... MAWP!!!

Welcome Welcome Welcome..... Most of us on the forum are 25+... I mean you have to be this old to ride this ride..... or not. If you ever get bored during the long nights of OZ-town you can join @Dunn x Dolo and Myself in the IRC chat.

phatcows likes this.
  8. JoJo

JoJo Well-Known Member
    Gold Founder

Yeah I'll pick it up this weekend...watched another 10 episodes of Boku no Hero yesterday lol. But I actually bought it cause of the cult like story indeed!

phatcows likes this.
  9. Scruffie

Scruffie Pro Tarantula Bro-Fister
    Editor

Cause that's not a super creepy thing to say o_O

Quite a few gaming groups from sc on the different platforms, check them out if you get a chance

Narilka and phatcows like this.
  10. phatcows

phatcows Newbie

Well Sc has definitely lived up to being friendly

11. Interest1ng

Interest1ng SC's AmbASSador.... MAWP!!!

Well the ride is SC of course............ You could say it is creepier that you pointed something out that seemed creepy :p

12. phatcows

phatcows Newbie

I am having trouble finding where the irc details are. I have found the FAQ etc but not the actual details? :(

13. Shannon Apple

Shannon Apple Sour Apple
    Staff Member Administrator

Oops, they were in the Official links FAQ thread, but I've put them in the Chat FAQ now too. Thanks for noticing.

If using your own client:
    server: irc.rizon.net room:#sakugacity

Otherwise, there is a web link "Chat" at the very top right of the forum next to the search icon. Must warn you though, it's fairly dead on weekends. :)

phatcows likes this.
  14. Narilka

Narilka Destroyer of Worlds
    Staff Member Moderator Platinum Founder

Hiya @phatcows welcome to the forums. Like others mentioned there are quite a few people who game. I go through endless cycles of gaming, when I have free time, and switching to anime. I don't have time to do both unfortunately my family and my job doesn't let me do everything I want. Ugh adult life :rolleyes:.

phatcows likes this.