Comedy Hoozuki no Reitetsu 2nd Season

Discussion in 'New In Japan' started by Sora Senpai, Sep 29, 2017.

1. Sora Senpai

Sora Senpai The Ecchi King
    Contributor Gold Founder

[​IMG]

Synopsis
    Hell is a bureaucracy, and business is running smoother than ever thanks to the demonic efficiency of Hoozuki, chief deputy to Lord Enma, the King of Hell. Whether offering counsel to the Momotarou of Japanese folklore or receiving diplomatic missions from the Judeo-Christian Hell, the demon who runs the show from behind the king's imposing shadow is ready to beat down any challenges coming his way into a bloody pulp. Metaphorically, of course...

The poster boy for micromanagement and armed with negotiation skills worthy of Wall Street, Hoozuki no Reitetsu follows the sadistic and level-headed Hoozuki as he spends his days troubleshooting hell. With an abundance of familiar faces from popular Japanese legends and East Asian mythology working middle management positions, this referential and anachronistic dark comedy brings new meaning to the phrase "employer liability." Just how hard could it be to manage employees from hell, anyway?

VIA MAL SEASON 1

PV:

Licensors: Sentai Filmworks
    Studios: Wit Studio
    Source: Manga
    Genres: Comedy, Demons, Supernatural, Fantasy, Seinen.

This anime is comedy gold. I thought season one was severely underrated. Once I found out season two was in the works I was super pumped up. It is just a nice show to kick back and get a load of laughs from. It's actually very informative as well because it delves into a lot of Japanese folklore when it comes to hell, and different stories involving demons and other super natural tales that Japan has.

I would definitely recommend watching season one.

2. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

The anime's opening movie was streamed. It previews the opening theme song "Dai! Jigoku Jigobushi" by Jigoku no Sata All Stars (Hell's Affairs All Stars), a group of the series' cast members.

3. Tonto-banchou

Tonto-banchou "Well-Known" Member
    Editor Contributor Social Media Team

That's it, I'm sold. I'm going to binge the first season sometime this week so I can get started on this one.

4. OctalKey

OctalKey 100% Polyester
    Gold Founder

Ohhh shit there's a second season???

5. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

The 13th episode of the second season has announced that the season's second cour (quarter-year), listed as "Hozuki's Coolheadedness Season 2 Part II," will begin airing in April.

6. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

2nd cour of the 2nd season is currently airing.