General How is the website/community doing?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ravok, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Ravok

Ravok ~Hoping he will get a reply soon

I dont know much about the community anymore after my long absence of the website. But I just wanted to ask how the website and community are doing as from what I have seen it really isnt doing much and does not have a lot of activity

2. Kuze

Kuze 『WANTED』
    Contributor

The only thing of note that has happened is Dunn not winning the Mr Sakuga comp.

3. Griffmeister

Griffmeister What the hell are you staring at?
    Gold Founder

Don’t mind Kuze, he lost too.
    According to the last budget report, the site will be viable no matter what.
    Of course, right now it’s still summer here in the northern hem. as well as the beginning of the new school year for those either attending or parents of same. I would say that means most minds are preoccupied with other things for now. Once people settle in their groove then they’ll be more active here. Stick around for a while.

The_Archangel likes this.
  4. kura

kura lay back and think of England

I’ve come back recently after a two year hiatus. Things are slow but the community is super super tight knit and the regulars do pump out enjoyable content. It’s actually kind of nice having a board this small because you know everyone’s style and are always able to handle and keep on top of all traffic. I mean things could get a little more busy, it is sub-optimally slow don’t get me wrong.

Shout out to my dons Archangel and Kuze for pretty much exclusively controlling the day to day operations of this place tho.

Matemar likes this.
  5. Shannon Apple

Shannon Apple Sour Apple
    Staff Member Administrator

I haven't really been active for the past few weeks myself because I've got some personal stuff going on that needs to be dealt with. But I agree with the above. It's small, tight-knit with some great regulars who keep it entertaining. Small sites like this one are much more personal. Sure, I'd love to see some more activity, a regular stream of new users perhaps to keep the place fresh, but at the same time, not getting so big that we don't know the members. That's just my own opinion of course. ^^

Staff were looking at an advertising solution, and by absolute co-incidence, the place shut down while we were getting things set up. Social media (mainly FB) have kinda made some of the popular online advertising hubs obsolete, and it's sad to see to be honest. FB barely has any competition anymore. We have been looking into some other ideas though. Oh and if anyone knows of something we could do that wouldn't break SC's bank, feel free to let us know. :)