i got the psvr!

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by yoda313, Sep 17, 2018.

1. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

That is slick!

I got the skyrim bundle. Also got doom vr, eagle game, tomb raider 20th, batman vr, star trek bridge crew and a few others.

I have gotten a little motion sickness i wont lie. It us fun though. Ive done the eagle game and that is so relaxing and easy! I did the space walk 360 video on YouTube which is unreal. I also did a rollercoaster 360 :D

Cant wait to watch this one more:

Absolutely amazing :D :D i cant wait to deep dive more. Trouble is i do get a little motion sickness so i cant play forever.

Anyone else here into vr???

2. Novaire

Novaire Serial Editor
    Editor Contributor Gold Founder

We got an Oculus really early on, but I haven't done much in the way of VR game playing since. It just doesn't appeal to me that much.

I do recommend picking up Superhot VR though, which was by far the most enjoyable session I've had with it. It's a much better experience than the standard version of the game, which is rare in this space. Worth checking out.

3. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

@Novaire - thanks ill check it out.

The youtube vr is sweet. Did the spacewalk one. Wow :)

4. Struggler

Struggler Sentient Meat
    Platinum Founder

My girlfriend got me the PSVR Doom bundle for Christmas last year, and I've barely touched it. It's alright, but the technology just hasn't reached the point that it interests me yet. Doesn't help that the only games that I would be interested in playing are those I'm already tired of playing in their standard forms (Skyrim and Fallout 4), so the small library of full games also limits my interest.

5. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

6. Struggler

Struggler Sentient Meat
    Platinum Founder

I traded my PS4 in toward the Pro. It was a good decision. Some games are very noticeably improved.

Just make sure to back up any save files you want to hold onto. Either on an external drive or uploaded to the cloud. Easy thing to forget when you're switching from one PS4 to another. I was in a hurry to pack up my PS4 and get to the store the day I sold mine, and forgot to back up my saves. Lost a lot of progress in several games. Have yet to bother playing any of them over again to make it back up, and that was like 5 months ago.

Haven't tried my PSVR using my Pro yet, but I've heard the same thing, that the additional power helps with the VR.

7. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

Thanks. Yea i did a whole system backup and put that back on after not being able to pickup a pro yesterday. I had 300gb and took about 1 1/2 hours each way and about 2 hours i think for the initializing to wipe it before i took it in. Not a quick process :D

Oh hows the fan on the pro? I use two laptop chillers to keep my ps4 cool in the cabinet its in. One on the bottom and one behind it to push the air out. It's got room beside it for air flow but its not free standing so i do hear it go into jet engine mode from time to time. That was another reason i was looking to switch to pro hoping for better cooling. My xbox one never gets loud. Granted that is on a pull out tray that is free floating so it has maximum air flow. But still i dont think it ever blows loudly. And its an original model not a s or x mind you.

8. Struggler

Struggler Sentient Meat
    Platinum Founder

The fan is very effective, but it can sometimes get pretty loud. Like when I was playing God of War, sometimes my fan would get louder, but upon feeling the system itself (which is packed somewhat tightly into an entertainment center with overall moderate airflow), it was perfectly cool, and didn't feel even the least bit warm. So the fan can be loud at times, but apparently only because it's working hard to be very effective.

9. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

Cool thanks! Ill be on the look out for one.

10. Narilka

Narilka Destroyer of Worlds
    Staff Member Moderator Platinum Founder

I have been consider getting the cr, but I barely have time right now for regular games at the moment. Damn adulting is ruining my game time! I would probably go for Fallout or one of the horror games.

11. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

Not a horror fan so cant help you there.

Yea i here you. I traded in my vita and 3ds for it since i wasnt using them.

12. Narilka

Narilka Destroyer of Worlds
    Staff Member Moderator Platinum Founder

As scared as I get when I play horror games I probably shouldn’t be a fan of them but I can’t help it haha.

yoda313 likes this.
  13. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

I did finally get the ps4 pro. I got the red dead 2 bundle actually :D i had gotten the xbox one red dead so i traded in the bundled copy of the ps4 red dead during the trade with my original ps4.

I haven't noticed any improvements yet but i may not have the updated games or they aren't updated n my system yet. I do like having the 1tb space. I also got a two year warranty for the new one.

As for psvr i finally noticed thst skyrim vr has a smooth turn option. It was on snap turn and it made me extra woosy. Having it on smooth turn makes it a hell of a lot easier to play.

Im also looking forward to that robot platformer coming next year. Looks like a mario adaptation :)

14. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

I got astrobot and creed over the weekend. Just played both last night.

Astrobot is awesome! Imagine you swap Mario out with a modified walle mascot and tweak super Mario galaxy. It's so cool because they jump right out at you. They have little ones you have to rescue. It's just so adorable :) it's also a solid platform.

Creed is impressive. You use the move controllers. I can't really walk around easily but I am sitting on a couch and partially blocking the camera I think. I should stand to to get clearer tracking. I do remember Wii boxing on Wii play but that was like pong compared to this. The virtual gloves are perfectly placed. Plus looking around is so cool.

I have noticed that both of these games look just like a regular 2d ps4 game on the ps4. I do think the power of the ps4 pro is helping compared to the ps4. I still have to check out Skyrim and doom vfr which are the main ones I played before. I'm also interested in the VR sections of tomb raider 20th anniversary (the reboot). Havent started it yet this version i did finish the regular version.

15. Mr. Mister

Mr. Mister Believe In Death

I have never tried VR myself. I had a VR headset I got a few years ago, but I never even opened the box and ended up giving it to my nephew. It just doesn't really interest me that much. I don't hate it, but I'm more indifferent towards it. If I ever got VR, it would have to be on the PC because I don't mess with consoles any longer. I would rather spend my money improving and enhancing my PC rather than getting a new console. But that is just my personal opinion.

16. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

I used to be a pc gaming guy in the late 90s. But it was just too tough upgrading all the time so i gravitated to consoles. Oh i did of course have an nes and snes :) and i do pc game now with a 4gb card but i havent used itmuch. Ive got nier automata on it and it runs fine.

I think vr is like 3d movies. Some like em some don't.

17. Mr. Mister

Mr. Mister Believe In Death

Not necessarily. I'm not into 3D movies simply because they aren't doing much I haven't seen before, done better. But I would consider giving VR a chance because it's a different medium without the same limitations or cliches.

yoda313 likes this.